• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Voluteers for the Event

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
Raffle

Trail leaders
Easy
Mod
Hard Core : BRIANHO13

Registration

Friday night Potluck

Sat night meal

Tech Inspection

Come on guys you want to have a top notch event then I have to have some help.

Last edited:
The Hard Struggler said:
Let me do tech inspection. Or cook.:laugh3:

I am willing let you cook if you understand all that goes with it...coming off the trails early on Sat. No facilities so its bring it all in, like tables, grill, other cooking stuff and I am calling about tent rentals tomorrow for a quote.

Kudzu said:
I am willing let you cook if you understand all that goes with it...coming off the trails early on Sat. No facilities so its bring it all in, like tables, grill, other cooking stuff and I am calling about tent rentals tomorrow for a quote.
Whats the budget for meals? How many meals? :chef:

I have some tables I'm bringing. I don't think I'll be able to lead any trails since I have never been there. Let me know what you need done!

The Hard Struggler said:
Whats the budget for meals? How many meals? :chef:

$8 per person and right now the count looks to be about 30 to 40

I will know better once I can get the registration up.

bump

to make it easier on tim ill help.

Ok folks, lets talk this thing over! Just over two months to go, I just booked my camp space for Thu, Fri, Sat night.

Kudzu, it would be great to get the registration up soon, and decide what you would like the volunteers to do. I would enjoy cooking, but I need more info. If we are going to rent a tent, I would suggest to rent tables and chairs as well, if its in the budget. Is it just the Sat night meal? I can bring enough prep tables for the kitchen, as well as grills and cooking utensils, and eating utensils.

I'll start a new thread with a menu, if you like.

Its gonna be good!:laugh3:

With about 20 min of time I found a tent and table, chairs rental for the Crawl. There are NO rental houses in Harlan so this stuff will come from Knoxville. To save money we will have to pick the stuff up and set up ourselves ( no big deal , we're a handy bunch). Pick up on Thurs, return on Mon, 20x30 tent, six 8ft tables, 50 folding chairs, $303.45.
Kudzu is this in the budget? If so I need to know soon so as to make the arrangements. I'm sure we have some "Crawlers" in the Knoxville area that can help with the logistics. I can only carry so much with the grills, prep tables, food, thats coming with me.

Last edited:
I've never been there but I'm willing to help out however I can.

I would like a job description on the following tasks. I just want to know what is involved in doing the job and if there are any special requirements (like being the last ones to leave in the morning, first off the trail in the evening, etc.).

Registration
Raffle
Tech Inspection (what are the rules and how rigid are they).

Registration will be on Wed & Thru nights from 5-8pm also on Thru and Fri Mornings from 7 -8 am Just basicly getting everyone their stuff and getting a count for the meal.

Raffle-Calling vendors and getting doantions. ( my current job offers me NO time to call anyone so I really need some help on this)

Tech Inspections..there is a list of required equipmennt. Just basicly making sure that the rig is safe.

If you can hook me up with all the Info i could probably help. I have no exp with it for this is my first event. Would love to help just don't know what this will entail. I have plenty of time to learn though don't I.

Tech inspections: hell i dont even qualify to run yet. still trying to find a darn hitch.

XJ Stryker said:
If you can hook me up with all the Info i could probably help. I have no exp with it for this is my first event. Would love to help just don't know what this will entail. I have plenty of time to learn though don't I.

Tech inspections: hell i dont even qualify to run yet. still trying to find a darn hitch.

I think alot of us are in the same boat. This will be my first Crawl too and I want it to be a good one. Having fun and wheeling with new friends is my goal.

Tech Inspections are tricky 'cause there is a lot of booty-fab stuff done out there. I know in the newsletters there is a checklist of things to have on a NAXJA trailride. Fire extinguisher, tow looks, strap, etc. I think the big part of tech inspections will be making sure every rig has these items. Stuff needs to be safe too. No seatbelts, steering barely hanging on, no tow points, cooler and tools not tied down, etc. would be bad. If I'm off base on this, please let me know.

BRIANHO13 said:
I will vouch for his culinary excellence.
I say let Tim cook.
Awl shucks man, drunk as everyone was I could have served dog food! :cheers: Had a blast doing it, shoulda stayed till Sunday my welded axle held up great.

Back