• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

torque convertor lockup! help!

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
1989 xj 4.0, auto,242. Drivin just fine, the dam torque convertor kept locking up, Is there a wire/fue/something to unplug to bypass the tc solenoid??It'll gho good for a bit and just stay stuck and it'll stall when I stop. Thanks plenty in advance

There should be a wire going to the brake light switch or a whole other switch next to the brake light switch. It tells the TCM to unlock the TCC when the brakes are applied.

Mine is a 5spd swap, so they just connected a wire in with the brake light circuit to tell the TCM when to unlock....

Fixed, I'm an idiot, have a have a seperate switch to unlock /lock, and another one to change shift modes, The two fastening screws on the metal toggle terminals just eventually touched each other,sorry for the bother. maglites rule!!

good to know it's fixxed. I have several oddball things that the previous owner did my Mazda pickup. One of which was an auxillary ignition kill switch. On the kick panel next to you left foot...

Imagine my reaction when I hit that switch going down the freeway at 70......

Back