• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE snap ring sucks!

SnagglePuss

NAXJA Forum User
Getting these snap rings on and off kicked my butt. I dont think they are meant to be removed. I had to go buy better snap ring pliers cause my cheapos just werent up to the task.

The only way I could get the big one on was to put the new output shaft in my vice and tap it on.

snap%20ring.jpg

Its interesting seeing how that little oil pump works in there too.
BTW, where is the fill hole on the tcase?

Should be two plugs on the back of the case. The top one is the fill plug, and the lower one is the drain plug...As for the snap rings, yep, they can be a real pain. I've had t-cases that I get them off in ten minutes, and some that take three hours...:cool:

go buy some LOCK ring pliers, makes them easy as pie :).

Sorry man but I am a little worried that you posted pics of your T-case torn down but asked where the fill plug was LOL j/k.

at least you have people here to ask...
god i cant imagine modding things on cars before there were forums..
there was only magazines, and a techline for whatever parts you were putting in..

I have various snap ring pliers, but didn't have a set of LOCK ring pliers before I did my SYE. I bought a set before starting the job and it made it simple. I always try to use a project as an excuse to get more tools, but the right pliers made a big difference on this one.

DougJ said:
I have various snap ring pliers, but didn't have a set of LOCK ring pliers before I did my SYE. I bought a set before starting the job and it made it simple. I always try to use a project as an excuse to get more tools, but the right pliers made a big difference on this one.

TEHY MAKE ALL THE DIFFRENCE!!

Back