• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to get axles/gears?

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking for a better rear axle that will handle 33's. where can i get one, and where can i get gears? can i install this stuff myself or does it require alot of work? and how much do i need to spend?

Wow you kinda went thread crazy here. If you have never done gears before I do not think you should try. They require a few different tools people usually dont have in there garages and alot of work. Took 8 hours to do both my axles with a buddy who has done a ton of gear sets.

Your best bet is to find a local 4wd club and find some guys who will teach you do them or do them cheap for you. Otherwise your lookin at 800+ for labor, gears will be almost 1000 anyways.

-Alex

Look at ringandpinion.com

You will need ring gear sets front and rear and a master install kit from and rear. Maybe it would be 1000 but close, I think mine was 800 and I picked them up then I added a lockrite and it was 1000ish.

-Alex

$1000 just for parts is WAY too high. I got gear sets, master install kits, front carrier, axle tube seals, Dana 30 Lock Right, and Alloy USA rear 8.25 axle shafts for $1000.

Back