• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loudest cat-back?

PosiDave

NAXJA Forum User
I recently just instaleld a cumstom made header on my 96' 4.0. I am lifting it and am trying to pretty much go for the loudest exhaust i could get. anyone know anyhtign louder than the original flowmaster 40 with a 2.5" pipe?

Loud pipes save lives.

I just got a Super 40 put on with just a turn down, nice and loud. Though with the doors off it has a pretty annoying vibe/res at about 1500 rpm's under slight power. I am taking it back thursday and having them put a full tail pipe out the back on in a 2.5" size. Trust me, just get a Super 40, its about an inch thicker that the regular 40 series, and you'll be happy.

flowmaster 40 series is the best sounding in my opinion

Just run the cat, I ran open headers for a few hours, then I ran no muffler and it was much better than open header, then I finished it off with the muffler, but still... it was fun for a day or two, with the exception taht under acceleratin I couldnt hear my radio, esp with the doors off :D

Cherry bomb... I can go through 5 of those before I reach the cost of my friends flowmaster 40 series. haha. Gotta love cheap stuff

drop the cat and run a flomaster 40 with 2.5 tail pipe. youll like it.

no emmisions were im at, so i am legal... just so ya know.

thats still legal right? if it was a big deal here they would test here, but they don't so i droped it, got gas mileage and power out of it.

Back