• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil heights...

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
I know that there is probably 50 million threads on this subject but i cant seem to find anything that i need. Can someone tell me or lead me to a post/thread that says the uncompressed height of coils? i just picked up a set of zj coils from the junkyard today and there was no engine in the jeep, so i don't know whether it was a v8 or not. i know that they are stock because they had the little tags on them that the factory ones do. thanks for all your help.

you could get the vin of the body and run that and see what equipment it had.

Uncompressed coild height may not mean much. The springs may be the same height but stiffer (to accomodate the V8). I can tell you that the 2" Rubicon Express spring that I installed are slightly shorter than the factory spring when uncompressed. Remarkably, the jeep sat 2" higher when installed. :)

Thats correct,without knowing the spring rate,height wont tell you much!

I've got a set of V8 coils laying around I'll try to measure when I go by the shop later. The OE V8 coils IIRC are a bit taller uncompressed compared to the 6 and a bit thicker.

when I got my V8 coils (that I no longer run...) they were exactly the same height as the stock coils. But they are a lot beefier, so the jeep sat 2 1/4" higher.

Back