• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I lift the nose another inch ??

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a 2" budget boost for my jeep, but at the same time replaced my leaf springs with quadratec HD leafs which I guess are 1" - 1.5" taller over stock. Now my Jeep kind of slopes forward, should I put 3" lift coils up front or leave it alone ?

Sorry for the bad cell phone pictures.

IMAGE_191.jpg

IMAGE_190.jpg

Edit: Nevermind the passenger rear rim as well, I had to paint it quickly as I broke the other matching rim on a curb after sliding on ice.

Wait and see if those leafs settle at all, unless you like the "prerunner" look

They've been under there for more than a month and I've wheeled it, towed cars, had a lot of weight back there and it's not budging thus far.

get a set of V8 Grand Cherokee springs, combines with your budget lift, it should get things balanced. I did the same thing on my 96 before going with a full kit. Worked out nice.

Phil :canada:

camarors8992 said:
I was under the impression that with the V8 springs it's going to ride VERY rough.

They are a harsher ride due to the fact that the v8 grands were much heavier so they needed a higher spring rate.

Get the three inch coils. If the leaves settle throw a shackle on. Done.

camarors8992 said:
I was under the impression that with the V8 springs it's going to ride VERY rough.
Ive got a set of Rusty's 3" coils laying around. they are the standard 3" coils (160lbs) so they are about same rate as factory coils. They gave me exactly 3" of lift, until I put my winch on, then they sank to about 2.5" and they just werent stiff enough to support the weight of the winch very well.
$30 + shipping, let me know if you want them.

PS: The GC V8 springs dont ride too bad. I had those on before I put the Rustys springs on. They ride a little harsher but its not excessive and they give about 1.25" of lift over stock coils. I think Ive still got those someplace also. If I can find them, you can have them for the same price if you want to go that route.

Last edited:
I like the forward rake, I've got mine set up the same way: Over 5.5" rear, just under 5" front. I think it looks tough.

But that's me, build yours the way you want.

(Functionally, it really won't make much difference. You'll get a little more stuff, but a little less droop.)

Robert

Sorry to get off topic but what kind of light bar is that?

Ive got the same issue on my XJ. My rear is up about 1/2" higher than my front, so i picked up some daystar 3/4" spacers, taking the stock isolators out, and throwing the daystar spacers in there.

Judging from your rig, only looks like you might need to go up a half inch in the front. I bet if you do what im doing, it will settle out just right.

Cut out the front fenders to compensate...

I would wait at least a little bit before you go messing with it. How long have they been installed? Do you have your spare tire in the back?

Back