• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axles shat swap

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
While swapping the bad 231 t-case in my 90, I noticed I have a really bad passenger's sde axle shaft u-joint. I think now is a good time to swap out the 2 piece shaft in my disconnect axle with the one piece shaft in my 92 parts Heep.

How do I remove the axles? I will have to remove both pieces from my 90 and the one from my 92. I have never done this and can't afford to ruin anything or get stuck with my Jeep in pieces. Also, would it be better or easier to just swap the entire axle?

Thanks.

You will have to pull the diff and install a seal (inner axle seal) where there is currently no seal, easiest way to do this is get it apart measure the od of the shaft and measure the id of the tube ,go to your friendly parts store and order a seal by dimensions. There are so may seals that are supposed to work but don't due to the variables.

Back