PDA

View Full Version : John Bull at night

Jump This
April 4th, 2008, 15:52
I'm planning on running JB at night, probably Friday, maybe Saturday.
Who is in?

ruggedjeep
April 4th, 2008, 18:13
IN for fri. probably wont get there till 10 though

johnnyc
April 4th, 2008, 18:54
I'll go on Saturday. I can try out my new lights. :)

After the dinner and raffle?

Jump This
April 4th, 2008, 19:00
Saturday it is, after dinner and raffle.
Six rig maximum.

:D

corbinafly
April 5th, 2008, 00:43
In!

Dawg
April 5th, 2008, 10:18
Im in............:eyes:

rpraterxj
April 6th, 2008, 09:48
I am in!

Saturday night, after BBQ & raffle works.

Not sure what time I will make it up Friday night.

karstic
April 7th, 2008, 12:25
Better have good lights, new moon that weekend.

Jump This
April 7th, 2008, 12:46
Better have good lights, new moon that weekend.

I have always preferred wheelin' by the Braille method!

hellbilly04
April 7th, 2008, 13:06
Hmmm late night run???? I'm so in for this!

Jump This
April 7th, 2008, 13:35

With Billy that makes a full run!

Me , Matty, Kyung, Robert, Billy, Johnny and Dawg.

hellbilly04
April 7th, 2008, 14:17
Good group! Rick I will have something special for your "help" at TH & it's not re-drilled wheels or hotdogs:D

Jump This
April 7th, 2008, 15:27
Good group! Rick I will have something special for your "help" at TH & it's not re-drilled wheels or hotdogs:D

But those hot dogs hit the spot!

;)

tcm glx
April 7th, 2008, 18:33
Is there room for the 6th....i have lights :D

Jump This
April 7th, 2008, 20:31
Is there room for the 6th....i have lights :D

You can be Billy's bitch!

rpraterxj
April 9th, 2008, 08:43
So Rick,

This will be Sat night, right?

If not, then it will be a very late Friday night. I should be up there by 10:00 PM.
I got a new job and have to actually work now. I get off at 4:15, pick up my son, then wait for traffic to die down. Probably leave OC around 7:00 PM.

hellbilly04
April 9th, 2008, 09:26
:wave:

Saturday it is, after dinner and raffle.
Six rig maximum.

djblade311
April 9th, 2008, 17:42
well since we are beyojnd the 6 rig max limit, i'll ride biznatch

Jump This
April 9th, 2008, 18:49

We wouldn't have it any other way!

rpraterxj
April 10th, 2008, 06:40

I will have an open seat, you're welcome to ride shotgun....

hellbilly04
April 10th, 2008, 13:24
I will have the wifie with me! She has no clue what she's in for;)

Jump This
April 10th, 2008, 13:31
I will have the wifie with me! She has no clue what she's in for;)

If she married you.....

tcm glx
April 14th, 2008, 21:29
I am mout for the night run...can only hang out for the day......

karstic
April 14th, 2008, 21:44
IN like FLINN

corbinafly
April 14th, 2008, 22:58
IN like FLINN
Nice move!

karstic
April 15th, 2008, 00:48
Nice move!

That might be the only run I make that weekend besides Sunday. My plans for the weekend got blown to smithereens and we won't make it up till Saturday aternoon.

Jump This
April 15th, 2008, 16:11
No Matty!
He will working that weekend.
One more opening....

mattyj
April 15th, 2008, 18:22
No Matty!
He will working that weekend.
One more opening....

$hit!! i hate missing out on all the fun.... well you boys enjoy it without me.

markw
April 21st, 2008, 22:06
I'll go, or Kevin. Hmm.. Kevin has nice lights and wheels by braille very well judging by all the red paint we saw on claw. :)

corbinafly
April 25th, 2008, 22:52
Okay. My rig will still be out, so who wants my spot and who has a biznatch seat for me?

Jump This
April 25th, 2008, 22:55
Okay. My rig will still be out, so who wants my spot and who has a biznatch seat for me?
We will find a seat for you...otherwise I ain't going!

corbinafly
April 25th, 2008, 22:58
We will find a seat for you...otherwise I ain't going!
Well. It is only John Bull. I can probably just hang on to the top of your cage. Just keep it under 35 mph on the hard parts.:clap:

karstic
April 25th, 2008, 23:09

Now what did you do to it?

xL8 APEKSx
April 25th, 2008, 23:28
Interested in going, but I have yet to put my XJ through it's paces and I don't know if it's capable of clearing Bull without breaking. I've only run Bill in a Mitsu.

33's, stock gears, RE 4.5", stock front skid/TCskid/fuel skid.

Capable of making it without busting C-clips or crushing rockers? Please let me know. If so, I'd be in. Thanks!

Jump This
April 25th, 2008, 23:44
Interested in going, but I have yet to put my XJ through it's paces and I don't know if it's capable of clearing Bull without breaking. I've only run Bill in a Mitsu.

33's, stock gears, RE 4.5", stock front skid/TCskid/fuel skid.

Capable of making it without busting C-clips or crushing rockers? Please let me know. If so, I'd be in. Thanks!

This is going to be a night run. I'd like to have proven rigs, locked and ready.
It would be nice to have a smooth run through it, so its probably not the best time to give it its run though.

Rick

corbinafly
April 26th, 2008, 01:22
Now what did you do to it?
What? Who? Me?:huh:

Nothing. Head is off because of pinhole leak. Waiting on the replacement to arrive.

ruggedjeep
April 26th, 2008, 02:41
Kyung if I stay sat night and there is still a open spot in the run, you could ride with me.

xL8 APEKSx
April 26th, 2008, 10:16
This is going to be a night run. I'd like to have proven rigs, locked and ready.
It would be nice to have a smooth run through it, so its probably not the best time to give it its run though.

Rick

Done plenty of night runs, I gathered that much. ;) But no worries, this truck is new to me and I don't know it's capabilities yet so I totally understand.

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep on my huge pilla' :bawl::laugh:

Jump This
April 26th, 2008, 10:47
Done plenty of night runs, I gathered that much. ;) But no worries, this truck is new to me and I don't know it's capabilities yet so I totally understand.

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep on my huge pilla' :bawl::laugh:

There are always spare seats at a night run....wait, I should rephrase that;
We normally pack the crap out of the Jeeps..
ask Josh (amongst many others here) about how many people can be packed into a Cherokee, especially when you need to leave a broken Jeep on the trail overnight!

rpraterxj
April 26th, 2008, 10:50
Hey guys,

There is another slot open for a rig. I am not going to get to make it up at all. I am dealing with some severe personal issues that must get taken care of.

Ya'll have fun!

corbinafly
April 26th, 2008, 11:30
Kyung if I stay sat night and there is still a open spot in the run, you could ride with me.
:guitar:

MTN4X4
April 26th, 2008, 12:53
my rig is not up to spec for the bull.
does any one have a spare seat for me.
i would love to come along.

markw
April 26th, 2008, 17:01
What? Who? Me?:huh:

Nothing. Head is off because of pinhole leak. Waiting on the replacement to arrive.

<Mccoy>Dammit Kyung, it's a Jeep not an airplane!!</mccoy> :)

Oh, pinhole...

I guess I'll go. Kevin's is moving under it's own power too, so we can both go.

xL8 APEKSx
April 26th, 2008, 18:07
Kyung, c'mon, where's the JB Weld creativity? :)

corbinafly
April 26th, 2008, 18:10
Kyung, c'mon, where's the JB Weld creativity? :)
Funny. Not on my stroker. Although it just might work...:gee:

mattyj
April 28th, 2008, 23:44
Rick, if you boys find a line at night that was more fun than this one in AZ let me know....... Im still smilin!!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/mattyj074/jeeparizona179.jpg

(for those that wern't there.... the front drivers side wheel is about 4' off the ground in this shot..... Rick did it first... I only did it so he couldn't call me a pussy! Kyung spotted us off, and it was a hell of a ride...your junk would nearly stand on its nose, and liberal application of the skinny pedal was required to keep you right side down. This shot is just before you drop! )

corbinafly
April 28th, 2008, 23:49
That definitely was awesome!!! The bottom edge of the picture is where the driver's front tire meets the earth again. And at the same time the passenger's front comes off the edge that it's just going over in the pic. That was :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:but could have been :explosion

Jump This
April 29th, 2008, 07:44
Yeah...and Kyung is telling me, 'Drivers side, drivers side, hit the gas!"

hellbilly04
April 30th, 2008, 08:26
I'm out so there is another open spot...Were not staying the night now & heading home after the BBQ-Raffle.
Have fun & be safe guys!:cheers:

markw
May 1st, 2008, 00:32

Ok, so what's the Tally? Looks like Rick, Johnny, and Dawg. Never heard back on myself and kevin. But that would give us 5. Not sure if I should let Kyung drive or spot. :)

corbinafly
May 1st, 2008, 02:07
Ok, so what's the Tally? Looks like Rick, Johnny, and Dawg. Never heard back on myself and kevin. But that would give us 5. Not sure if I should let Kyung drive or spot. :)
:wave: You'll be in good hands either way.

ruggedjeep
May 1st, 2008, 11:07
Well, im out for the day run.. Im shooting for the night run right now.

corbinafly
May 1st, 2008, 18:11
Well, im out for the day run.. Im shooting for the night run right now.
You better make it. You're my driver!

ruggedjeep
May 1st, 2008, 18:21
Im trying bro, hell if i make it you could drive and ill rest.. :D

ruggedjeep
May 1st, 2008, 19:33
Well, not looking good dude. Waited on a pinion yoke, when it showed it was the wrong one. Decided just to tap the bolt out of the old one and run it, then noticed it spit the little locator cup when it busted. Cant find a new yoke locally and dealer wont have one till tuesday. Dont have time to make a junkyard run.. fuk this suks.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/97xj/IMG_0317.jpg

GrimmJeeper
May 1st, 2008, 19:51
if you can make it over here tonight, you can have the spare ive got. just get me one whenever you get a chance :D

Kejtar
May 1st, 2008, 20:38
Well, not looking good dude. Waited on a pinion yoke, when it showed it was the wrong one. Decided just to tap the bolt out of the old one and run it, then noticed it spit the little locator cup when it busted. Cant find a new yoke locally and dealer wont have one till tuesday. Dont have time to make a junkyard run.. fuk this suks.

You can also tack weld the cap in the yoke :D (it's been done) or you can pull a Grimm and keep pounding the cap into a yoke every 50 miles :D

corbinafly
May 1st, 2008, 21:45

Yup. That sucks!!!:doh:

GrimmJeeper
May 1st, 2008, 21:50
You can also tack weld the cap in the yoke :D (it's been done) or you can pull a Grimm and keep pounding the cap into a yoke every 50 miles :D hey! its every 100 miles asswipe!

(((note to self, pack a spare ujoint)))

Kejtar
May 1st, 2008, 21:52
hey! its every 100 miles asswipe!

(((note to self, pack a spare ujoint)))
Oh bite me.. I was close ;)

Kevin3151
May 1st, 2008, 22:23
So now what there are three of us running the trail?
KH

corbinafly
May 1st, 2008, 22:28
So I guess I still need a bitch seat...!!????

johnnyc
May 1st, 2008, 22:34
So now what there are three of us running the trail?
KH

I'm sure we can persuade some more people to go.

Monkey55
May 1st, 2008, 22:37

You can be my beotch for the day.. :shhh:

E

EDIT - Oh, you meant on the night run.. :dunce:

Skwerly
May 1st, 2008, 22:50
If I'm not completely wasted beyond belief I'll go :). I have candles for headlights and KC's that point wherever they want, I should be a good asset to have with you! :)

ruggedjeep
May 2nd, 2008, 00:16
I just drove out to BFE and met Grimm.. Picked up the yoke :D you rock bro, thanks. Now to get it on sat, i hate fuking with the pre load. I might leave it at a buddys place since i need to work for a few hours, hopefully he'll take care of it for me.

corbinafly
May 2nd, 2008, 00:19
I just drove out to BFE and met Grimm.. Picked up the yoke :D you rock bro, thanks. Now to get it on sat, i hate fuking with the pre load. I might leave it at a buddys place since i need to work for a few hours, hopefully he'll take care of it for me.
That's what I'm talkin bout you mOfO!!:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

GrimmJeeper
May 2nd, 2008, 00:36
I just drove out to BFE and met Grimm.. Picked up the yoke :D you rock bro, thanks. cant let someone miss the fest, when i know there is a way i can help! glad to be of service :D

now... how many seats on that night run are available?? and NO i will NOT sit on Kyung's lap!

corbinafly
May 2nd, 2008, 00:47
cant let someone miss the fest, when i know there is a way i can help! glad to be of service :D

now... how many seats on that night run are available?? and NO i will NOT sit on Kyung's lap!

:cry:

Gerr
May 2nd, 2008, 06:14
I might be able to make it for the raffle anyone got a seat i can snag for the night run?

toyotawrench
May 2nd, 2008, 10:10
I got sit a bitch with rick :p.

peace
ted

GrimmJeeper
May 2nd, 2008, 10:13
I got sit a bitch with rick :p.

peace
ted watch yourself Ted, Rick is hard on his bitches!

:scottm:

johnnyc
May 2nd, 2008, 10:14
And dress warmly Ted. :)

johnnyc
May 4th, 2008, 19:09
The night run was a lot of fun. It was Rick, Josh, Mike G, Mike (SanDiegoXJ), and me.

Before we got to the first rock garden, Rick's tire kicked up a small log that punctured his fuel line. Got that fixed pretty easily. But it still wouldn't start. Turned out to be a bad electrical connection.

Rick and Mike G were both running low on fuel at this point. So it was almost decided that the run should be aborted. But we continued on and flew through the trail pretty quickly, with no more incidents.

The trail is definitely different at night. It was hard to see at times with the darkness and flying dust. But I was able to finally test out my IPF lights.

Jump This
May 5th, 2008, 16:34
We need to run it in August at night. After some of those thunder storms they get up there I'd be it would be kickin' good!

OH ...BTW, sorry for heading out the wrong way on the dirt road.
My boy kept telling me that you all were coming, but I thaught you were flashing your high beams. OH..and somehow the squelch got turned all the way up!

Good times...

djblade311
May 5th, 2008, 17:23
it was mucho fun to do it at night even though I had already ran that trail just a couple of hours before.