• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubicon express vrs. skyjacker

mikereid350

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2000 xj and want a new lift i want either a rubicon express 5.5 lift pn# 6200 or a skyjacker long arm 6" theise are the only kits i found that you don't have to cut off any factory brackets... i not a mud bogger mostly ride trails, light rock crawling... i want more smooth ride then flex.. gonna be running 33x10.5x15 tires... i have a 3-4 skyjacker kit on now but its getting weak and wore out the kit have about 50000mile on it... what better rubicon or skyjacker...

my vote is for the rubicon because of the drop brackets. i have since gone to long arm for more flex. Rubicon is real soft plenty of body roll with out sway bar

RE...

The Sky Jacker subframe is nice and beefy, but the arms and Hiem joints suck! I have replaced many of them multiple times. I now have flex joints on the upper and lower arms. Rides the same, just alot quieter with out all the hastle of the hiems. The set up is nice, it drops the arms similar to the RE drop brackets, however the lower arm is about 3 inches longer. It's more of a mid arm setup. I like the flex, and it stands up to the high speed blasts down the desert trail.

Justin

They dont call it SkyCrapper for nothing,RE for sure!

RE for sure. I put a 6" Ext Radius arm kit on my '97 Ranger and I just got the RE6200 for my XJ and I can tell you from experience, the RE is better from not only the build of the product but all the way down to the packaging of it for shipping. Just my .02.

I've put 50k on my RE kit and it is still smooth. Another vote for RE

xjjeeper19 said:
The Sky Jacker subframe is nice and beefy, but the arms and Hiem joints suck! I have replaced many of them multiple times. I now have flex joints on the upper and lower arms. Rides the same, just alot quieter with out all the hastle of the hiems. The set up is nice, it drops the arms similar to the RE drop brackets, however the lower arm is about 3 inches longer. It's more of a mid arm setup. I like the flex, and it stands up to the high speed blasts down the desert trail.

Justin
:wave:
hey mate

my buddy has the xxxpedition xj's skyjacker kit on his xj now and he has had nothing but trouble with the hemi's joints what parts did you use to change to flex joints no one in australia seems to know anything or give much help it like !!!1 if ya know what i mean any help would be great

cheers

Not too long ago they replaced the ends on their arms from heims to a rebuildable flex joint like re's superflex joint. Skyjacker would be the one to contact.

ok skyjacker dealer here has no idea about it then he said the hemi is all they do
will contact them direct i think

kyro said:
ok skyjacker dealer here has no idea about it then he said the hemi is all they do
will contact them direct i think
buddy of mine has a shop literally right down the road from skyjacker and he said they were fairly new so maybe they just havent made it down that way yet.

Back