• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flipping Rusty's Steering...Can it Be done...Safely

Cipey

NAXJA Forum User
Rusty's steering conversion has been good to me, but now that I am at 6 inches of lift, i think i have to mod it up.

Can this be flipped? How can it be done? Do i have to buy his flip kit or should i staRT anew and with what?

Thanks

Cipey

For real yes,is it worth it no!Buy a REAL steering kit like JCR or something along those lines.

haha, gas must still be cheap in AZ... save yourself some money and use what you have.

The knuckle kit should take care of it. You will need to raise your trackbar up and hack it down a couple of inches. just cut it a one of the ends and weld a threaded insert on it to thread in a johnny joint or heim.

it served me well at 4 inches but at 6, well...the angles don't impress me. they suck.

if i dont want to go over the knuckle and just want to flip the tie rod (getting rid of rusty's) is this all right? or should I go ahead and go over the knuckle? could i flip it lets say a jcr or curries steering with gofor it's kit?

cipey

flipping the tie rod is over the knuckle. You are confusing hi-steer with over the knuckle steering.
I would recommend JCR's OTK steering, but i know you said you didn't want to deal with reaming anything from when I talked to you before.

here comes everyone's favorite 4 words: not to hijack, but: how much clearance does jcr's otk steering get over stock? and, another bit of a noob question, a high steer set up would require different knuckles, correct? what's the easiest/best way to do a high steer set up? is it even worth it on a d30?

wish i had the $... maybe in a few years.

So save for it now, and don't waste your money on the D30. The less money you spend on it now, the more money you will have to build a good axle.

Back