• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar troubles.. any ideas?

99XJWhitey

NAXJA Forum User
ooC09026.jpg

Sorry for such a huge pic. Im having a lot of trouble with my trackbar on this thing. I bought it set up as you see it (minus the hole in the block and pan, and random junk still hanging off of it). This guy used the stock trackbar from the 78-79 ford and welded the bracket directly to the unibody, and then rigged up the ugliest "brace" Ive ever seen. Needless to say this thing completely ripped off, taking part of the body with it. Ive since put a stock xj bracket and trackbar back on it so that I could at least steer it back into the shop. I would leave it that way, because it actually lines up pretty well, but the bracket it still moving a little on the frame end. My question is, what the heck can I do to brace this thing up using the stock XJ bracket on the frame? I've looked into buying an RE frame mount, but then I would have to use a different trackbar, and I would have to frankenstein it to fit the axle end. C'mon, I know someone has fab'd something up out there to make it stop moving.

Many people just tac weld it to the unibody, this way it can come off "somewhat" easy and it is heald solid to the unibody.

Well, Ive no problem welding or bolting it to the passenger side frame, but how should I attach it to the mount, and what to make it out of?

Kyle Deidrick said:
Many people just tac weld it to the unibody, this way it can come off "somewhat" easy and it is heald solid to the unibody.

maybe I misunderstood you. You mean tac weld the brace, or tac weld the mount itself?

I gotcha now. That was my first instinct, but then looking at the giant hole in the fram from where the other one was welded made me stop and think again. I'll try it. If it breaks again then Im back where I am now I guess.

Back