• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starts like a weak battery

WraithKWK

NAXJA Forum User
cranks over weak
Feels like weak battery .. but its brand new ... just been like this maybe a weak but i havnt been driving it much lately due to some fuel leaks .... also a sticky high idle ... that kicks in after its had a chance to warm up a lil.
i just replaced a leaky injector and a o ring on the fuel pressure regulator .. but i noticed this issue a few days before i saw the leaky injector.

just wondered if anyone might have an idea on the weak start thing...

I'm thinking maybe a loose or weak conection at the battery.. the gauge says the alternater is charging properly and since its a new battery i dont think there is a problem there.

Great now i go out with a multimeter everything looks fine i shut it off and now nothing ... think it might be my starter

If you are sure the battery is good, the first thing I would do is disconnect the battery terminals, clean and grease both the posts and the terminals, reconnect everything, then try it.

If it still doesn't work look at the cables and connections. If they are good then suspect the starter.

I found this out the hard way years ago. Changed the starter and still nothing. Cleaned the terminal and it worked like a champ. Your statement of weak starting makes the terminals even more suspect to me.

If you need another starter call around and get quotes from junkyards. That will be much cheaper than any parts store and...you'll get a warranty too.

swaped out starter with an old spare and it works fine ... no worries but thanks for the reply.

Moderators u can delete this post

Back