• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop brackets or OME shocks?

snow king

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sitting at 4.5" of lift with fixed upper and lower controll arms. I have Pro Crap 3000 shocks. I just cant stand the ride anymore!!! I know, I know, the shocks are 90% of it, and control arm angles. I cant swing the RC drop brackets and the OME shocks, but I can get one or the other right now. Do you think i would be happy with just the drop brackets? Is the ride that much better with the OME shocks? Maybe I should just get those? I don't know. Comments suggestions please.

lowrange2 said:
You'll notice a much better ride with the brackets. Get the shocks when you can.

Agreed. Put the drop brackets on and it will feel like you have new shocks.

Its the control arm angles that will give you a smoother ride. Definitely go for the drop brackets, it will put the geometry back near stock, and will give you a better ride. The shocks will just absorb bumps better, but won't help with smoothing the ride out nearly as much as the DB.

just repeating what others have said. I ride around 5" with OME shocks and adj arms... looking at RK long arms in the near future to soften the ride.

go for the DB's

beakie said:
just repeating what others have said. I ride around 5" with OME shocks and adj arms... looking at RK long arms in the near future to soften the ride.

go for the DB's

That's another thing. You said you can't afford both the shocks and the drop brackets so I'll assume you can't afford a LA setup. But you'll eventually want long arms instead... I'd shoot for doing it the first time. Mortgage the house.

lowrange2 said:
That's another thing. You said you can't afford both the shocks and the drop brackets so I'll assume you can't afford a LA setup. But you'll eventually want long arms instead... I'd shoot for doing it the first time. Mortgage the house.
I'll definately consider refinancing the house and pulling a little money out.:dunce: Thanks everyone for the reply's. Yeah, the wife would definately blow a gasket if i dropped $500 right now for the shocks and drop brackets, but $200 for the drop brackets can be done. Gonna get them right now. Thanks again!

Back