• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New "Junkyard Jeep"

ogilviexj

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, Im new here, I have an 91 XJ sport 4.0HO that my wife and I are "playing" with this spring. We are starting a list of things to get from our local pickupart. So here is where I hope you guys can help. We want to know what other vehicles we can swap parts that will make it better. Example, I was reading about the grand cherokee brake booster. All things like that would be great.

I have read about the F150 springs, is there more of a direct switch?

Thanks guys, REALLY looking forward to it. oh by the way, sorry if you like those old running boards, but that was the first to go!

PS. my wife owns a "sorta jeep" Compass
2945771_3_full.jpg

2945771_5_full.jpg

oh yeah, picked up some "newer" rims with new tires, couldnt pass up the deal of 250.00 for all 5 tires and rims. even if they are still a little small.

auto-qnt.jpg

Also chopped of the broken fogs and found these cheapo square BAJA fogs for 3.99 at my local auto store.

41WF81VP7TL._AA160_.gif

and for another 3.99, I got a black grill from the pickupart to replace my broken one.

5096-1.jpg

Last edited:
ouch,

I got the grill, leather spare tire cover, domelight, signal light, ashtray, gate shocks and even some floormats. cost me about 12-15bucks.

Good buys for sure... I had those same fog lights, make sure you get a relay, I didnt have one and my switch started melting one day.

Renegade said:
Good buys for sure... I had those same fog lights, make sure you get a relay, I didnt have one and my switch started melting one day.

Funny you should say that, my lowbeams fried yesterday. Oh well, back to the yard :)

TRAILREADYXJ said:
There are quite a few threads on junkyard upgrades.

Here's a good one: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66012&highlight=junkyard

Quick lesson...Just go to the search box, click "advanced search", type in "junkyard", then choose "search titles only".

This helps in searching for a lot of stuff!

Good luck with your new toy!

Thanks for the lesson, I think I love you, this is a great thread!!!...:farmer:

ogilviexj said:
I have read about the F150 springs, is there more of a direct switch?

Dodge Van leaf springs are a direct swap. Most just use the main leaf from the pack coupled with XJ and S10 leaves. The Dodge Van leaf springs are the same from the front to the center pin so your wheel base will stay the same. The back half from the center pin is longer so you will achieve a better shackle angle over the stock XJ main.

Here are some threads about it.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=926416&highlight=dodge+van+leaf
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=941787&highlight=dodge+van+main+leaf

Search "bastard pack" for rear lifts. You can also use v8 grand cherokee front springs for lift. They are not quite as stiff as the ford coils.

Back