• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks for about 4" lift?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, I got two choices before me: one choice is to redo the lower shockmounts on the axle (see the other thread) or get new shocks..... So just to make sure that I cover all the bases, what do you guys (who haven't modified your shock mounts) use for about 4" of lift? My optimal numbers are about 13.5" compressed and 25" extended(I got 31's and they stuff great :D ). Btw, make and part numbers would be greatly appreciated

Kejtar

I just lifted to 4 inches and im running Doetsche Tech shocks. The model numbers on the front is DT3350 and i THINK the model number for the rear is DT3362. Im not absolutely sure on the rear., but that number sounds right. Might wanna call Rubicon Express or a local off road shop and confirm that model number. I enjoy the ride they offer too. HTH

Mike

Damn Chuck, at least i was trying to help the guy:D

Mike

Well... I looked around and only Rancho from what I could find offers the numbers :( The rest say something like "it should fit a 3"~4" lifted vehicle" which is BS In my opinion.... oh yeah... .I'm not even gonna bother checking Procomp if anyone suggests them... I had bad luck with their shocks (failed after 6 months....)
I looked at edelbrock and at bilstein..... I forgot "Doetsche Tech" which I will check tomrrow :D

Kejtar

I would offer two suggestions:

1. Bilsteins from (God forbid) Rusty. I have a set readyto be mounted, so I can't offer any help on how they feel.

2. OMEmu, part # N35L and N36L. I have them on my truck (replaced the stupid Rusty's shocks) and they are OK. However, I have the impression that something is wrong with my particular set, since if I jump a few times on the door opening and let the truck settle, it does oscilate a few times before stopping. It might be a lemon set, or it might be that I over-extended them and destroyed them.

Rgds

Back