• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man Emu Dakar Spring Problem

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
As brought up here

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=946827&highlight=Dakar+bent

First off, I bought this as the 3 inch kit thru JeepinOutfitters, great service btw!

I installed them on thanksgiving break and havent been on a "real" wheeling trip yet. This has seen all road all winter here in ny (mind the surface rust from them getting scratched during shipping)

I noticed my one rear wheel hits the back of the wheel well, not anything like the other...

and to my dismay... (i am parked on level ground)

img4907kk4.jpg

crunchhh
img4915my7.jpg

What can I do about this? Call ARB? Call JeepinOutfitters?
I havent abused the jeep at all, I got the above by driving onto a little snowwbank :mad:

I dont know :flamemad:

Any Input? Thanks!

img4876sn0.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to tell if any thing is wrong besides the springs not lining up from the picture. Are they bent or just out of line? If they are just out of line then your u bolts are either thin stock crap and loose or you just need to losen them and bang them in line and re torqe your u-bolts. Ruff Stuff makes really thick u-bolts and backing plates if the ones you have are stock. They are strong enough to hold the springs in line. I removed my side clamps so they would flex better and have no problem with that. It's common for springs to fan out a little like the picture you showed.

as far as the tire hitting the wheelwell, what kind of backspacing do you have on your rims? perhaps it's causing the tires to stick out too far.

that in combination with the fact that the lift looks to be less than 3" in the back, may cause rubbing with 31" tires.

Back