• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant Find Part???

XJCruiser

NAXJA Forum User
I know I'm probably becoming quite the PIA with all of my NOOB questions!!! I am placing this in OEM Tech due to the fact that it pertains to factory steering set up. I have searched and only found something for ball joints. I had crawled underneath today to do some greasing of suspension/steering and on top of each and every TRE/heim joints?. there is that little dust/grease shield and every single one on my jeep has exploded and as soon as i put grease into the zerk fitting it either blows air or grease out of where the cover should be. I do know that when grease squirts out of there it usually means that it is full, however, in my case I feel that they are not due to squeaking coming from each of the TRE/heim joints? they are fairly rusty as if not greased or lubricated properly...Should I just replace all TRE/heim joints? or is there a place where I can buy just the little grease/dust cover?

Thanks in advance

Justin

energy suspension dust caps are part #9.13101 here is there web site http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/tie_r.html
but if they are making noise I would replace them but thats just me. The size is listed on there web site to so you can go to any parts store and you will most likely find it in the motormite/help section

honestly if they make noise they are more than likely bad or close to it. Id replace them and use a red tacky grease it works best on the dirty muddy wet conditions jeeps see. also you may want to look into upgrading to zj steering or another kit since it is gona replace the parts your having issues with anyways

and ask for tie rod ends(TRE), they are not heim joints.

when installing them, they can sometimes be a pain to get out. you can bang them out with a hammer or you can use a pickle fork.

after you replace TRE on the drag link and tie rod, you usually need to get a wheel alignment because the toe alignment will be out unless you put it back together exactly they way they came out.

89xj said:
and ask for tie rod ends(TRE), they are not heim joints.

when installing them, they can sometimes be a pain to get out. you can bang them out with a hammer or you can use a pickle fork.

after you replace TRE on the drag link and tie rod, you usually need to get a wheel alignment because the toe alignment will be out unless you put it back together exactly they way they came out.

I am talking about the heim joint on the track bar as well...if that is what it is called. I know what a TRE is but wasnt sure if the others were called heim joints or not (my fault for not clarifying)

XJCruiser said:
I am talking about the heim joint on the track bar as well...if that is what it is called. I know what a TRE is but wasnt sure if the others were called heim joints or not (my fault for not clarifying)

the joint at the end of the trackbar is also a TRE.

LOL...now im really confused. I have a 4 inch lift with stock steering minus the tracbar which is for the lift. I was under the assumption that the joint at the end was a heim joint.

7-8%20Heim.gif

XJCruiser said:
LOL...now im really confused. I have a 4 inch lift with stock steering minus the tracbar which is for the lift. I was under the assumption that the joint at the end was a heim joint.

7-8%20Heim.gif

Yup that's a heim joint. Thats at the body side right? Got an aftermarket track bar?

Back