• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed C-ROK Steering Reinforcement

Renegade

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed the c-rock steering reinforcement plates both inner and outer plates and it is a beefy product. For those wondering, yes, they do work with the tow hook brackets. Word to the wise get a dremmel to enlargen the holes for the spacers.... the drill barely fit in there....

000_0123.jpg

....I should have painted the tow hook bracket....:doh:

Josh

Did you have any trouble getting the bolts out of the steering box? Did any break? And what length bolts did you put back? Reason...I'm going to do the same mod.

Looks good. If you are pulling the tow hook bracket to paint you may want to change the bolts to grade 8 hardware. I noticed the back bolt is of the grade 5 variety.

I sprayed with PB blaster a day before and the bolts were not too rusted... Ah, I forgot to check to see what grade that back bolt was... gotta get a 10 for sure....

O yeah to answer danwho's question C-ROK provided all the bolts including the ones to the steering box....

I bought the C-Rok steering reinforcement kit about a month ago, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. Good to hear it will fit with the tow hooks I have on the front.

Mini-Beast I saw that you have a T&T Bumper. C-Rok also sells just the inside reinforcement plate by itself for those people with custom bumpers that already reinforce the outside of the unibody frame. It will save you a few bucks since your bumper is essentially already doing the job of reinforcing the steering box on one side.

Back