• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non-XJ buggy pics from Sunday at Naches

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Talked to a friend on Friday evening who said he was going up to Moonrocks/Funnyrocks to get a little seat time in his new buggy. I took that opportunity to ride along and take pics for him.

Tom Haman is new to WE-ROCK (http://we-rock.cc/) this year and has two buggies. The one in the pics he just bought from Yukon Gear and had less than 2hrs runtime on it when he bought it. It's powered by a 2.2L turbo ECOTEC built by Turn Key Engine Supply. Supposed to be 290hp/260lb-ft but dyno'd a bit higher than that. Didn't get info on the tranny, but the t-case is an Atlas (ratio unknown) and for axles I believe are a 44 front and a high-pinion 9" rear, 4.63 ratio. Tires are 40x13.50 Maxxis Crawler LT and remind me of those pink pencil erasers. :) Mounted on TrailReady beadlocks. The entire rig weighs about 2500lbs! Built by S&N Fab in Arlington. Measures just under 5' tall. :) Look for this rig in the upcoming Dirt Sports magazine and the next Randy's Ring and Pinion calendar.

All pics found here:
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c370/ecksjay/Tom Haman 22/

DSC_0036Medium.jpg

Hey Tom, pick a hard line already!
DSC_0064Medium.jpg

Pssssht, like a spider!
DSC_0065Medium.jpg

What's he doing here?
DSC_0072Medium.jpg

Oh, you're taking THAT line? :)
DSC_0073Medium.jpg

Yeah, there ya go!
DSC_0074Medium.jpg

Cakewalk!
DSC_0075Medium.jpg

Coming down the same spot. There's ya a little flex!
DSC_0062Medium.jpg

Re: Pics from Sunday at Naches

IXNAYXJ said:
Wow.

I started sweating just looking at the pics...which are nice, BTW.

Too bad he didn't try anything challenging like Teh Cruntschiers, huh? :rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

Thanks!

He was out of town at a comp for the Cruchers trip or he might have brought the other buggy down. No worries though, he's going to see how things go at the Tahoe (Donner) competition this weekend!

Sweet buggy. Ya I'd have a rig like that but they made selling body parts illegal at the federal level. Maybe someone in Canada needs a kidney? Or I have two young blonde haired blue eyed boys. I hear those go for a lot on the black market. Great pics though. Now back to work on my POS XJ.

BrettM said:
i can't tell what the front diff is, but the outers are defintiely D60. good thing too, even on a light buggy I would hate to see those 40s on a D44.

Yeah, big outers with big-spline 44 center, IIRC. I'll have to ask again.

Phil,
VERY NICE PHOTOS!!
You need to take more pic's on our runs!!

Nice buggy, I can't wait to get back out to Naches.

Michael

Back