• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

biodiesel anyone tried this?

dzolcali

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone tried converting their rig to biodiesel? I think it would be pretty neat to do that but I am unsure of the consequential attributes of running biodiesel, I.E. locating fuel, power loss or gain? Fuel economy loss or gain?
any information into converting the I6 to biodiesel would be helpful.

thanks

First off does your rig already run on diesel? If not it will be a bitch to convert with the whole engine swap thing you will have to do.

Last edited:
I've heard of people converting their normal gas engines to run biodiesel..this isn't possible with the i6? They say that the cummins 5.9 is too big of an engine to swap in etc.etc...other diesel engines made for the canadians and the frenchies and the indians are too weak or just garbage engines/tranny combos...I dunno what about those college kids that converted their cars to biodiesel without swapping out the engines?

Do it! I heard you get great results. When you get it all done, let us know how it works! We want lots of pictures and data! We know you can do it!

omfg. why are the retards coming here!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!!?!??!!?!?

Scrappy said:

omfg. why are the retards coming here!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!!?!??!!?!?
x2

Biodiesel is a diesel fuel made from renewable organic sources that burns in diesel engines, requiring no modification to run versus petroleum diesel. In order to make a diesel 4.0 you'd have to increase the compression ratio, make new heads, beef up the bottom end, etc. etc. essentially redesigning the entire engine. The bio end of it is irrelevant at this point. You'd be better off finding a Liberty 2.8 CRD w/ tranny and bolting it up to your existing T-case.

Last edited:
Lawn Cher' said:
Biodiesel is a diesel fuel made from renewable organic sources... it burns in diesel engines. In order to make a diesel 4.0 you'd have to increase the compression ratio, make new heads, beef up the bottom end, etc. The bio end of it is irrelevant.

Why must you feed him? I would rather have 500 retards here that know nothing than 500 retards who know 1 thing. Then we get "well... blah blah blah camper special 44 and 9" with lebaron vents blah blah blah...."

Scrappy said:
Then we get "well... blah blah blah camper special 44 and 9" with lebaron vents blah blah blah...."
:laugh:

Diesel isn't gas.
Gas isn't Diesel.
BioDiesel is basically just a clean fuel made from organics.
You can try to run Diesel through your gas engine, but you won't like it.
You can even try to run gas in a Diesel engine, but no one around will like that.
There's no converting an engine from gas to Diesel.
Chevy went to the Olds Diesel in the '70s and many thought it was just a converted gasser, but they were wrong.
It just doesn't happen.

Scrappy said:
Why must you feed him? I would rather have 500 retards here that know nothing than 500 retards who know 1 thing. Then we get "well... blah blah blah camper special 44 and 9" with lebaron vents blah blah blah...."

My bad.

BRIANHO13 said:
I put biodiesel in my truck about a month ago, it ran fine.

right... its cuz you have one of those special 710 caps right? I know my PU has one, and I get to use 110 octane.

710cap.jpg

BRIANHO13 said:

I ran a tank full from the Flying J in Effingham and noticed no difference. I wonder what the blend ratio was, you know they aren't selling straight B100.

BRIANHO13 said:
I put Diesel in my truck too.
But, of course, it's a Diesel.
I also put it in my Chevelle years ago, by accident.
It stopped running in about 2 miles.
After cleaning out all the Diesel, it ran even better, due to the chem scrub it recieved.

oilcartoonra2.jpg

Back