• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB antenna.

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
this hass probably bean asked 100 times. and i found a article on an xj website. but it has that sw meter stuff. but mine has one built in so is that the same? plus it says thjat the 8 foot wipp antenna is the best could some one post a link of a good one. or if i could find one at a store would that be the same?

that is funny just bought the 102" antenna from radio shack 2 hrs ago. but good idea for the spring will pick one of those up too. radioshack i presume.

90xj06 said:
that is funny just bought the 102" antenna from radio shack 2 hrs ago. but good idea for the spring will pick one of those up too. radioshack i presume.

A 102" whip is cut for a spring, for use without a spring you need a 108" whip.

90xj06 said:
ok iv got 2 things is this a good mount apart from its complexity to mount.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062088&cp=&pg=2&origkw=cb&kw=cb&numProdsPerPage=20&parentPage=search
and hows this spring
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062089&cp=&pg=1&origkw=cb&kw=cb&numProdsPerPage=20&parentPage=search
and what is the wire type plug is it. aka the end that attaches to the antenna?

Both are correct. The mount works fine on the right rear fender. You will need to drill 4 holes to mount it.

RG-58 is the worst possible coax you couls use. Just thinking about radioshack coax makes my stomach turn. Get some GOOD RG-8x (mini 8)

This is the coax I run, and I bought it from this seller and I highly recommend him. One of the best E-bay transactions I have done so far.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-12-Coax-Jum...78QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1501QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, you only need enough coax to connect the radio to the antenna. the 18' rule is a myth. If you do have extra coax DO NOT coil it up.

And no, being that the radio and the antenna are from radio shack does not mean that your SWR will be any better or worse.

100_4627.jpg

I'm running a 5' fiberglas whip now but I can run a 102" stainless if I ever want.

^Looks like a cop car w/them wheels^

Nice antenna, I can't find them anywhere anymore :(

So what do you do to keep it from hitting the body?

Zoro said:
^Looks like a cop car w/them wheels^

Nice antenna, I can't find them anywhere anymore :(

So what do you do to keep it from hitting the body?

Its never hit the body, not on the road, not on the trail.

Look in my first post in this thread, and I have a link to the antenna on radio shacks site.

Hey littlewhitexj what mount are you using ? I am looking for something like that on my xj and have seen them a lot but havnt seen the details of the mounting and the bracket number ?

thanks
pete

jeepsrock said:
Hey littlewhitexj what mount are you using ? I am looking for something like that on my xj and have seen them a lot but havnt seen the details of the mounting and the bracket number ?

thanks
pete
Thats the one shown in the radioshack links in this thread along with the spring.

Back