• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about trans selector switch

Chad29860

NAXJA Forum User
One of my buddies has a 93 XJ with the AX4, it currently does not have a power/ comfort switch for the transmission. Is this something that is already wired and can be easily insatalled or would transmission modifications have to be made. We were wondering if he could pull the switch from one that had it and put it on his with no modification. Thanks for any info.

Not sure about 93 but the RENIX jeeps had the harness but not the switch.

AW4 maybe? The switch was a bad idea from the get go. In later years it is hardwired to be set for power. In the comfort setting it is very hard on the clutches as it slips more for a more comfortable shift. I don't know if it is possible to convert it, but a month or two ago there was a thread on the subject, you could try searching for more info.

X2 mine stays in power all the time and the later models are wired that way.

88 Wagonman said:
AW4 maybe? The switch was a bad idea from the get go. In later years it is hardwired to be set for power. In the comfort setting it is very hard on the clutches as it slips more for a more comfortable shift. I don't know if it is possible to convert it, but a month or two ago there was a thread on the subject, you could try searching for more info.

The thread you speak of is here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66917
Read up on it, it has some good info.
FWIW, your buddies 93 is always in Power mode, which gives the best shift points for most driving styles.

So there you go in a 93 it is already in power.

Back