• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axleshaft u-joint or DS problem

Frankkl

NAXJA Forum User
I have a problem, my jeep make a vibraton in the steering wheel when I turn and that, at any speed. I recently put a SYE and I know I need to put a shim in the rear. It feel like the binding when making a u-turn on dry pavement in 4x4 put that in 2x4 or even neutral just not has intense. Since its make its even at almost 0 speed I dont think its a unbalance wheel.

Any idea?, bad ujoint? front carrier?

Frankkl said:
I have a problem, my jeep make a vibraton in the steering wheel when I turn and that, at any speed. I recently put a SYE and I know I need to put a shim in the rear. It feel like the binding when making a u-turn on dry pavement in 4x4 put that in 2x4 or even neutral just not has intense. Since its make its even at almost 0 speed I dont think its a unbalance wheel.

sounds like it could be a joint in the front somewhere, however it will be difficult to tell until you can articulate your thoughts in a complete sentence.

i would say jack it up see if there is any play in the wheels to me it sounds like maybe a ball joint but im no expert...if you can move it at all in park forward or back or side to side...then post which way it goes...

Frankkl said:

i hope you have a full time 4x4

Back