• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No brake lights

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
I have no brake lights working on my heep right now. THe brake switch isn't sticking and it seems like I don't have any voltage at the sockets. Where else can I check and is there a fuse I could pull? Any help would be great

Check for voltage at the brake switch. One side should be hot with the key on, pedal not depressed. The other when you press the pedal.

"It seems"??? How did you check the sockets?

Are there any other lights out?

changed the fuse checked the switch so it looks like a wiring issue. I got the brake switch out but now it won't go back in. Is there any trick cause it poped out nice and easy but it is being quite the PITA to get back in

I got them to work by giving power to the blue pink wire. The switch will work fine as long as I have power jumped to that wire. So now I have 2 options leave the jumper in and try to get the switch in or get a new switch and see if it works. Does anyone know if this is a dealer part or if I can get it at like a autozone or something. I still need a tip on how to get the switch back in because my FSM just says, line it up and turn 30 degrees clockwise thats not working so well

I figured I would post my solution. I got a new switch cause I f'ed up my old one. It works using both swithes now but the new one is the only one that stays secure. I put power to the blue/pink wire going to the switch and everything is fine for now. Most people had issues with flashers too I did not. I didn't replace anything with that although it may have worked providing power seemed to be the best option to me. On a side note somehow when trying to get the switch back in it twisted into its "locked" position. Since I didn't know what it had to look like until I had the new in my hand. Hope this helps someone else sometime

I didn't realize the switch had a "locked" position. I thought it was just a tight pressed-in fit.

I rewired my Buddy's cherokee due to a HUGE short that burned up all of the harnesses. When I put the brake switch back in I just pushed and it was snug. But for extra security I used a ziptie as a security hold-down to kepe it snug.

Back