• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got 79 F-250 Rear D60 for $100

Locrdup

NAXJA Forum User
Just picked up a 1979 F250 rear D60 for $100. Anways its got factory 4.10s and trac-lock. My question is, Are all 77-79 d60s 35 spline and full floaters? I know its a gem of an axle, but not sure just how good :confused:

I don't know which ones are and which ones arent. The quick way to tell if it is a full floater is to look at the hub. If it has 8 bolts all crammed together in a circle around the center then it is a full floater. Remove these bolts. What you are looking at then is the end of the axleshaft, it is the round thing you just took the bolts out of. Those bolts hold it in place to the hub. Now, pull it out and count the splines. You might have to tap on it with a hammer with a wood block to get it loose.

Have fun.

BTW - Seal it up with silicone when you put it back in. Otherwise the gear oil will seep out.

Jared

No full float d60s were 35 spline, they were all 30 spline, if its 35 spline, its either a semi float d60 or a full float d70...

mac 'semi float 35 spline in my bronco' gyvr

'79 F250 is going to be a full floater, which is 30 spline. The 35 spline semi-floaters are pretty rare (and are c-clip), and don't come in Ford trucks. Non-c-clip 35 spline semi-floaters are custom built.

You should upgrade to 35 spline full float and sell me your old axleshafts for $20 :D

Back