• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so i have pretty much had my fill....

gill41083

NAXJA Forum User
so i have pretty much decided i have had enough of the naxja site. i say thank you to the people who were helpfull and not ass holes and thanks naxja for all the helpful info i got from your site, and to the rest of ya that were dickheads you can go piss up a rope, i hope you roll your shit with no seat belts and die!!! my 2 cents. later.

Why must everyone take every word to heart?

Gill,
Your not the only one that has felt this way from time to time. Unfortunately in any forum/group there are a few people who tend to rub others the wrong way and it can make it difficult or even not worth it to continue. I left Pirate Off Road for the same reason, it just wasn't worth the crap. What I can say, is that it usually gets better once you have been around a little longer and have started to meet a few more people over a period of time.

I hope you change your mind. There are a lot of great people here who have a welth of information that is really well worth the handful of people who might piss you off.

Either way, best of luck with your future endevors and I hope to eventually meet you on the trail.

Michael

Sorry to hear this, never met you, and it looks like i never will. Sometimes people make assumptions based on a few incidents.That being said we have all been annoyed by the know-it-alls on this board, you definately have to have thick skin to deal with them, or ignore them.

Sean

90exjay said:
Sorry to hear this, never met you, and it looks like i never will. Sometimes people make assumptions based on a few incidents.That being said we have all been annoyed by the know-it-alls on this board, you definately have to have thick skin to deal with them, or ignore them.

Sean
Yep you just have to take some of the bad with "us good folks"

gill41083 said:
i hope you roll your shit with no seat belts and die!!! my 2 cents. later.

That right there is why Gill needs to take a break and review his own actions in this. Hopefully you'll come back calmer.

1. What you post on the internet and how you post it is the same as how you walk into a bar full of bikers. If you are wearing a pink tutu and have a green mohawk you know what is going to happen to you.
1a. Spelling, capitalizing and punctuation matter. Not proof reading your posts and not being understandable are huge mistakes.
2. Freaking out about what people you don't even know think about you is just giving them power over you.
3. Thinking that every one else in the world sees it the way you do is just misguided. If there is a single person out there that agrees with me on everything I am truly scared 'cause you are a twisted individual :jester: , with great taste!
4. If you aren't learning you are dead. Read a book.

Gill, I hope you calm down and rejoin this melee. I also hope you use your seat belt more and love every moment of raising your child.

Los Lobos said:
Is there any positive note to why you NAXJA members are chipping on this guy in two threads now. That's not a question either.
Yea, that one about his kid was just tasteless.

Los Lobos said:
Is there any positive note to why you NAXJA members are chipping on this guy in two threads now. That's not a question either.

You know this is a tough one. Makes me think of the Aesop fable where the guy falls in the river and another yells at him for falling in rather than helping him get out.

On the other hand I think that if any of us post up saying we rolled our rig and were not wearing seatbelts, someone has to step up and be an asshole and say WTF?

I think we all have the responsibility to have an atmosphere that allows for good criticism which could potentially save a life. I think it was a good balance actually with most posts being in the supportive vein.

As a relative noob to this scene I have to confess that it can be a little intimidating to wade in with a bunch of people who have a lot more clue but that is why I keep coming back.

nick

there is WAY MORE GOOD THAN BAD here - u will not find another forum that provides more help, pictures and write ups so CRY ME A RIVER

I felt the same way as you in the beginning, Gill. Not about my posts, just about other peoples posts after they had done something stupid and got clowned on. Then I realized everyone is just hoping that you learn from your mistakes in order to keep you and your family safe out there.
The only thing I can say is take off your dress and stop taping your balls back and be a grown-up.

Be an AmeriCAN, Gill, not an AmeriCAN'T:wave:

gill41083 said:
so i have pretty much decided i have had enough of the naxja site. i say thank you to the people who were helpfull and not ass holes and thanks naxja for all the helpful info i got from your site, and to the rest of ya that were dickheads you can go piss up a rope, i hope you roll your shit with no seat belts and die!!! my 2 cents. later.

You know, I have felt this way many times with many different groups I have belonged to. Sometimes we need a break. I have been back and forth with NAXJA for longer than all but about 12 members. I was with NAXJA since before we had the Name NAXJA. And, I was there when we came up with the name. There were only about 12 of us then. I have seen a lot of new groups go from a friendly dozen or so to a rule filled, constitutionally ran, dues paying, "Organization" where some new generation of people have all but taken it away from the original idea that started it in the first place. However, I have always cooled down and come back. Sometimes it takes years. But, hey, my friends are there. But out of 20k or so people, I can narrow down the ones I call friends to about a dozen. Usually the original dozen or so that started it all, plus a few that have fit into the same free spirited "Let's just ride and have fun" attitude.
Take a break. I hope to ride with you some day. I have just now come back after a long time away, and I see nothing really changes. If you need anything, let me know. I am in your area (Mt Vernon) every week.
To the rest, Let the guy take a break. We all need one now and again.

Thats the Forum scene for sure, and there is no getting away from it no matter where you go! Everyone has an opinion, and likes to run their mouth from time to time.....

We're all here for the same reasons...We're all looking for good information, sharing good information, Helping others, and we all need a good place to wheel!

These people always get theirs in the end, so don't worry too much about what they say and do :)

Last edited:
So i guess i pretty much got pised off....sorry. I just got tired of getting ripped on and burned about stupid shit, I did have it coming with rolling my rig with no seat belt(duh) but everyone forgets to do some things every once in a while, that day i just got excited and forgot to buckle up, and my jeep is a ugly peicer,i bought it to wheel and have fun in and thats what i do with it. As for ripping on me about my post about my kid, that was just wrong, So what i didnt know how to spell the "proper" name of some thing, guess that makes me an idiot, i was just trying to give other people a heads up, i didnt know about "MRSA" so i thought ther might be some one else out there that didnt know about it also,it doesnt make me a peice of shit parent for posting about it and thats how it made me feel and im not a bad parent and i know that for a fact. I have noticed there is alot of stuck up people on here that think their shit doesnt stink, more power to ya! just because MY SHIT STINKS doesnt mean you have to burn a guy every chance ya get! If you dont like me on here then come wheel with me some time im sure you will change your mind, its kinda hard to have a personality on a key board! and sorry if my spelling or punctuation isn"t perfect i do my best! i like this forum and really dont want to leave it behind, that is why i have cooled off and came back, sorry about the big drama fest, i was just really irratated and let it get to me when i should have just blown it off.

I havent posted anything in your threads because my point was allready made. Honestly since I dont know you I could care less if you get injured while doing something stupid, but the reason alot of us get uptight when we see something like that is simple. If you roll and die because you werent wearing a belt noone cares that you would have lived if you had taken a few saftey tips, the only thing they see is that a person died while wheeling, period. it will then snowball and people will think that if you wheel you will die and guess what, I cant wheel cause some guy in charge of the land my favorite spot is on heard that offroad vehicles kill people and he will get sued.
On another note I wont ever tell someone how to raise their child, if I think that you are doing a bad job then good for me, atleast I know that when my child grows up and owns a company your kid can work for him because he didnt have the right upbringing to start his own company. This world cant be full of winners, might as well let some kids be strippers and laborers.
as far as speeling and gramar I have no room to complain about someone else.
Im not saying your a bad wheeler, just explaining some of the peoples problems here and Im not saying your kid will grow up to be a stripper, but that maybe if noone tells you that you could be doing something wrong then they dont care enough to help you, like me. Maybe if someone is getting on your case it shows they care?
I normally dont go out of my way to be a jerk but I will say something if it needs to be said.
Personally I dont care how you react to what I say, what are you going to do? get off the comp and hit me with your purse? Ill let you deal with whatever you are doing wrong on your own.
And what the hell does Pissing up a rope accomplish? I could see if you told them to go stick their pecker in a blender or even piss on a electric fence, but up a rope?

yeah i see what your saying with the buckling up thing, i messed up and got lucky, lesson learned! lol

i didnt get told how to raise my kid, I just got ripped on for some stupid reason.

and as far as pissin up a rope......it just doesnt sound like fun!!!! lol

and i dont think your a jerk, you said what you think and explained why, and thats much better than telling me im an idiot or making some stupid comment.
:cheers:

Back