• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting ready for work

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
CIMG0974.jpg

CIMG0975.jpg

CIMG0976.jpg

get yer ass home safe GI-John. hope you left some trash behind to police up.:us:

Looks kinda like mine!

IMGP1257.jpg

Well, without the camo paint and nifty butt-stock, of course.

Your crap looks much sleeker than mine..
I like the PEQ 15, they keep teasing us with them, but we probably wont see them for a while.

You outta try lugging Land Warrior around for a few missions...it adds "only" another 18 lbs to your kit.

Take care,

John

Edit.....

Eric, what in the hell are you doing taking pics of your gak inside of a FMTV? That's not your ride is it?

I like to go to the park and watch the children jump scream and run... They have no idea I am using blanks.

Eric, exactly what is this quote supposed to mean?

Michael

IXNAYXJ said:
It's called a joke, Michael. :twak:

-----Matt-----
A joke? I thought jokes were intended to be funny?

Is there something funny about going to a park with a gun?
Is there something funny about pointing a gun at children?
Is there something funny about pointing a gun at anyone?
Is there something funny about this person being in the military?
Is there something funny about the fact that my tax dollars go to training this person who thinks these things up?
Is there something funny about the way the community would react to this event?
Is there something funny about the reprocussions the military would see from this event?

What could possibly be remotely funny about this?
Please enlighten me.

Michael

2xtreme said:
Please enlighten me.
If you don't get the humor, and realize that Erik doens't really go to the park and shoot at children...then you're beyond my help. For instance; do find this joke to be abhorent because of the implication of cruelty to animals?

Graucho Marx said:
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

And NO, I'm not trying to equate the life of a child with the life of a dog.... :rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
If you don't get the humor, and realize that Erik doens't really go to the park and shoot at children...then you're beyond my help. -----Matt-----

Your attempting to dodge the question.
I am not asking for other quotes that some may or may not find funny (there is absolutely NO relationship between the two).
I am simply asking what the quote was for?
And if it is intended to be funny, then how could anyone remotely find humor in it?

Can you enlighten me or just find other quotes?

Michael

2xtreme said:
A joke? I thought jokes were intended to be funny?

Is there something funny about going to a park with a gun?
Is there something funny about pointing a gun at children?
Is there something funny about pointing a gun at anyone?
Is there something funny about this person being in the military?
Is there something funny about the fact that my tax dollars go to training this person who thinks these things up?
Is there something funny about the way the community would react to this event?
Is there something funny about the reprocussions the military would see from this event?

What could possibly be remotely funny about this?
Please enlighten me.

Michael

Is this how you act on the trail?

First off, I had no intention to hijack this thread. My apologies, SUA SPONTE.

GI-John said:
Eric, what in the hell are you doing taking pics of your gak inside of a FMTV? That's not your ride is it?

It is until we get strykers this May! An illness (and profile) has forced them to keep me mounted; so now I'm a VC/mounted squad leader, so I'll be in the vehicles all the time.

And in regards to my controversial signature: It's not a joke at all and meant to be taken seriously. Next time you go to the park, watch out.

Ahh, sensitive people...

Maybe you should turn your parental controls up on your browser next time you surf the internet, Michael. :dunno:

2xtreme said:
Eric, exactly what is this quote supposed to mean?

Michael

In all fairness this is his signature and when combined with his avatar of a selector it is in the average post the sign of a gun loving nut. However, when combined with this thread showing lots of guns, one might think he simply said it for sick effect. Look at other posts, he has had this sig before this thread and I think when combined with this thread it seems more "provocative"

Just my .02

Jeremy

Jesus. Touchy touchy touchy.

Michael-
I'm sure he really doesn't mean it. Your taking things a LITTLE too seriously. First you get on Gill's case, now this. Lighten up. We all know Gill could have been killed. He even said he was an idiot for not wearing his seatbelt (more or less). Its a joke, although it may be some kind of sadistic dark humor. Who cares.

Last edited:
This thread can either go back on topic or it can go away, its as simple as that. I have stood by and watched all this drama unfold for the last couple days, and I am getting really tired of it. If you have questions, arguments, or problems of a personal nature with another member or their actions take them back channel and out of otherwise useful or entertaining threads.

I will now step down off my soap box.

Sua Sponte, What type of stock are you running, and do you like it? I am considering adding a cheek pad, or a replacement stock with one built in.

-Ryan

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

mine (bad pics, and no cool paintscheme)

Back