• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can this be legit?

Try it and let me know. I like the idea but it could be an Ebay scheme and the only people to really complain may have been people that actually understand engines. But see there is a 100% percent refund policy if not happy and for a turbo it is really inexpensive the risk may be worth a try.

interesting idea, but not worth your time/money, look at the dyno chart on the page, it just barely gave a honda 10hp, there is no way that dinky little blower motor (probably just an HVAC blower) is going to flow enough for the 4.0

its a scam. these a$$holes do this all the time. someone bought a lot of heater blower motors and is trying to sell them as 'power gaining superchargers'. Ive seen them do the same thing with bildge pumps for a boat.

jeepman121 said:
Jeep offered a factory ram air for XJ?

Yes. The airfilter box has it's intake right behind the headlight where air is "forced" in as you are driving down the road as opposed to just "sucking" hot air from the engine compartment like some vehicles.

It's not a ram air like hotrods have it in the hood scoop, but it is ram air.

...and unless you've modified your exhaust all that air (supposedly) getting jammed into your intake has nowhere to go!!?

Its BS and just to clear up this whole "Ram Air" thing you will just barely see one pound of boost at 150 mph so the only advantage is the cooler air going into the engine. Now maybe if your jeep has a forward facing scoop with a tube going from it to the TB and you can get it up to 150mph you can say your jeep has ram air, but other than that your just impressing they 18 year old boys at your highschool.:puke:

Do a test before you spend your money. Cram a leaf blower into the intake and see if you "feel" any difference. I got the idea from some ricer on youtube with a dyno doing it. It actually increased hp & torque some.

2000xj4x4 said:
Its BS and just to clear up this whole "Ram Air" thing you will just barely see one pound of boost at 150 mph so the only advantage is the cooler air going into the engine. Now maybe if your jeep has a forward facing scoop with a tube going from it to the TB and you can get it up to 150mph you can say your jeep has ram air, but other than that your just impressing they 18 year old boys at your highschool.:puke:

Ah, that's right, I meant cold air intake not ram air, duh. That's what happens with 4-5 hours of sleep a night...

These kind of "improvements" show up here occasionally. What is interesting to me are the number of feedbacks from the BUYERS. Almost all of them are new to eBay, live and learn.
I do agree that you will feel more power when the blower is switched ON, because when it is OFF it is BLOCKING most of your intake air. Let's see a chart with it installed in-line and turned on then off.

Back