• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new lift

marine1

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i just bought a '87 Jeep Wagoneer... and i love the hell out of it... but... i have always wanted to lift one and take it off roading, but i only have about $1000 to get tires and everything... so what lift would you recommend i get?? i was looking at the Rough Country 4.5" kit... is that a good one??

Rusty's 4.5 lift is 5 something with the AAL and 6 something with the full spring packs. RC doesn't hold up especially when you can get other stuff for a little more. Just my .02.

i was on a budget too when i bought and lifted my 95. i went with the rustys 4.5 in leaf replacement package. it lifted way more than the stated 4.5" -probably just the sag in the stock suspension. the kit included the springs, lca's, shocks, brake line relocation kit, tc drop. after completion the 235 sized tires were too small so still on a budget i went arround to all the tire stores localy and seen what they had for used tires to fit the xj. i found a set of 32x10.5 wrangler mtr's with decent tread for 35 a tire mounted and balanced on my stock 5 spoke rims. i rubbed a bit on my lower control arms when making a tight turn but i was ok with that since my budget was not gona go for new rims. now i have upgraded when i could and still have a ways to go.

hth
stewie

hey thx guys for the info... i am glad i asked before i bought that rough country lift... i'll check that out and post pics when i am done... thanks again! :)

Last edited:
Back