• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaning to drivers side

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Stupid xj leaning to driver side. Looks like the drivers leaf pack lost some arch. I think it may be how I parked it for an extended period. What should I do? Leave it alone or start swappin leafs from one side to the other, I also do not dare remove the main leafs from the unibody, not till I have to.Thanks!

Jess said:
You could just get a fat chick to ride with you and even it out. :looser:
Thought about that, but I'd rather live with the lean

I got the same deal with my coils up front. Parked with the driver side up on a bit of a bank for a while, that side compressed a bit and stayed that way. I'm planning on parking it with the passenger side compressed so it'll hopefully even out. This was when the coils were brand new so they were prone to a bit of sagging right away anyways. I don't know if re-parking it would help your leafs if there broken it already, but it's worth a try..easier than pulling leafs out anyways.
And I hear ya on the main leaf's man, I don't want to have to screw with mine..scary!

Put an anvil on the high side to even it out. Anvils come in handy anyways. And are easier to explain than the fat chick.

same thing with mine except i havent been parking on any kind of bank and i have more weight on my pasanger side then my drivers side even with me in there. my spare, 2 tool boxes, and a bin filled with enough crap to keep someone busy for a month worth of work (all the stuff ive been meaning to get around to for the past year) and i still have a lean. i learned to just tilt my head alittle...

u-bolts are new enough I'm going to shuffle some springs, I sometimes have problems with my drivers coil turning and dropping a bit of lift, I'll swap them side to side too.

Back