• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dent in the oil pan.

Muad'Dib

NAXJA Forum User
Ok im sure this is really stupid, but i have a question...

Today after work, i had to fix a transmission leak at the disconnects. When i was finished, i jacked the jeep back up at the normal spot and started to let it down. It slipped off the corner of the pumpkin where it meets the passenger side axle shaft, and landed right on the lower section of the oil pan.

The pan now has a good sized dent in it where it met the jack. Id say its dented at the most 1".

Oil pressure is the same, and everything seems ok. No oil leaks etc.

Should i worry about this? Can i wait till i build my stroker to replace the oil pan? (it could be a year before i do so). I just dont want to pull that damn thing for the third time in 2008!!

Advise and stupid remarks appreciated :roflmao:

Since you yourself has had the pan off then you know where the oil pickup is in relation to your dent. As long as its not right on that then no worries. I wouldn't even replace it period and run it! haha If it IS then pull it and make sure the pickups not bent up. Or you could put on a "baMBadge" as my daughter calls it and call it good.

I got high centered on a rock (forced off the trail by an idiot in a toyota) and dented the oil pan pretty good, I was pretty worried about it. I watched the ouil pressure gauge carefully and everything was fine,I lost 3/4 of a liter oil capacity, motor went another two or so years until a lifter stuck . . I was suprised yesterday to pump 6.5 liters into my new motor.

Muad'Dib said:
lol ok, thanks for the advise.... So far oil pressure is the same as before the dent, so im thinking everything is ok..

More then anything i wish i would have hit a rock so id have a real story to tell... no not me, i gotta do the damage on my own!

Lie about it man. Fab up a good one.

bcmaxx said:
I got high centered on a rock (forced off the trail by an idiot in a toyota) and dented the oil pan pretty good

I hear this is the normal story for smashing your pan with a jack-- most people don't look at the round dent close enough to see the four little dents from the jack anyway!:peace:

Back