• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blown radiator

etaniyani

NAXJA Forum User
Was on the drive back from mammoth, pull into a gas station in bishop, and see anti-freeze coming out kind of fast. Fixed it up to drive home, but i need a new one now. Any recommendations, stock was kind of expensive, so might as well go aftermarket. Any noticeable differences or are they all the same and just go for the least expensive? Thanks.

Some places like Summit Racing have completely different aftermarket radiators that are far and away better than stock. I don't know if they make a radiator for the XJ though.

i have tried the 3 core brass and the 2 core aluminum with plastic tanks. the aluminum one has worked out great for me in las vegas summers with the a/c running. and its a direct fit. call 1800radiator, they have the best price and free delivery. should be less than $145. i think it goes without saying you should change your radiator hoses with atleast napa or dealer quality ones while your at it. new radiator cap is a good idea too. make sure you get a lower hose with a spring in it or reuse your old one. (thats what i had to do) so how was mamoth?

I want something local incase something happens, I'll check out the 1-800-radiator tomorrow. Thanks.

Mammoth was awesome, real nice weather, the drive back was close, almost had to spend another day there, but managed to get to a kragen and got some of that powder to seal things up a little. didn't leak until I got back!

www.radiatorbarn.com

I got my CSF 3-core from them. They have a warehouse in Vegas and ship fast.

They shipped me one that got damaged during shipping, I called them, and they sent another one right over, and didn't even ask me to send the other one back.

Great company to do business with.

I bought the Summit Racing brand 3 core aluminum with plastic tanks. Works great. $167 after shipping.

mk153smaw said:
I bought the Summit Racing brand 3 core aluminum with plastic tanks. Works great. $167 after shipping.
are you sure its 3 core? if so i would go with that for sure. do some research on how much more eficient aluminum is at disipating heat before you decide, like i said i have run both and the brass 3 core and the aluminum and the brass ran hot. btw i think radiator barn is the same company as 1800 radiator. good luck

Back