• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

De-lifting

88XjLaredo

NAXJA Forum User
I've come to a decision that I need to de-lift and be happy with the way my Jeep is stock. I'm tired of being nickled and dimed to death by everything. I just don't have the money anymore and won't until after I graduate from college. Me and my back have grown a strong hatred towards the rough ride. I'm tired of the damn thing never holding an alignment and having to constantly empty my wallet to keep gas in it with 31's. I've thought about regearing but it just doesn't seem worth it at this point. I'd rather take the money to keep it in proper running order to get me through the next 2 years of college. I've realized after many trail rides around my area that I can conquer most of the terrain in stock form.

Here's what I have so far: 99' Classic at 152k. 3" OME suspension, OME shocks, JKS- Quicker Disconnects, Trackbar and Tie Rod, OME steering stabilizer, RE 2" bumpstops, RE .75 spacer, RE LCA's, 31" Toyo Open Country A/T's.

Can I still keep the JKS trackbar and Tie Rod w/ no lift?

Plans: stock front coils from dealer, leaves from quadratec, stock LCA's and bumpstops. 235/75/15 BFG A/T's

Am I missing anything here?

How about some stock leaves? I've got what ya need!

As long as the Track bar and tie rod will adjust short enough to center the axle you'll be fine.

I can guarantee someone around here will give you some stock coils for free or some beer at best.

Ramsey said:
I can guarantee someone around here will give you some stock coils for free or some beer at best.

Got just what you need I just finished lifting the front 4.5" so I've got the stock coils just layin in the garage. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Back