• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shorter antenna

BubaXj89

NAXJA Forum User
yo I just bought a shorter antenna for my 89XJ and it says that it will amp up the signal strength to for the radio and apparently the tip lights up to it says I'm suppose to connect two wires to a 12 volt switch or terminal so I was thinking of the battery but it would drain the battery so does any one else know where I can put it ?

There are several points on the fuse panel that only have power when the engine is running or when the key is in the on position. Use one of those.

Thought of another place to check. You have several relays there inside the hood on the passengerside wheelwell. All of them only work with the key on. I would pick the hot wire to the fuel pump relay if it were me.

Last edited:
mikeforte said:
There are several points on the fuse panel that only have power when the engine is running or when the key is in the on position. Use one of those.

(+1) Yep!!

Back