• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper Shackle to Subframe Bolt

ReftonsRed

NAXJA Forum User
I have used up all of my options in getting this bolt out (3 different sockets cracked, 24'' breaker bar is now looking like a bananna, ran out of acetlyne, gone through almost two bottles of PB Blaster). I am ready to get out the sawzall and would like to know the best method of cutting this SOB out. I am open for any other sugestions and yes I searched and tried those options.

im searching for a solution to this myself. i do not want to cut it out if i dont have to. one came out rather easily. the pass side one is being a b!tch. i took the bumper off and have been spraying PB in the hole at the threaded side of the bolt in the "frame" rail. i was gonna try heating it next but it seems that is not working for you. i even beat on the head with a BFH for a while to no avail. when i find a solution i will post up.

you bent a breaker bar?

just saw your post date. ever get that bolt out?

Back