• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ being donated...have 96 XJ. What to take?

maybe2fast

NAXJA Forum User
As the long title says, I work at an auto repair shop and a beat up 98 XJ sport came in with a BLOWN UP! motor (bad rod). Anyways its being donated and I am wondering what I could use or upgrade for my 96 classic. What should I grab before it goes? My truck and this truck are the same color combo.

Door panels? will the switches for the windows transfer?

let me know! Thanks

Take all the doors. The hinges on the doors bolt off, and will bolt up to your 96's hinges, and then all you'll need to modify is the window wiring and the door striker.

Then you'd have the nice bigger mirrors and 1-piece front windows, and nice interior panels.

If you don't feel like doing that, take the center console(and everything associated with it) and the mirrors at least. You could take the header panel, fenders, grille, turn signals and bezels, and do an updated front clip swap. It's all bolt on and stuff. http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/BensXJ.htm

I would swap the front clips and take the rear axle (if 8.25 should be 29 spline and yours may or may not be depending on the build date in 96). You should also take the front axle for the shafts and the gears and brakes for spares.

if you can get a drivers side a-pillar plastic piece from the inside i'd pay you for it, preferably greyish

Back