• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

early xj starter wiring....help me!!!!

gwilliamson

NAXJA Forum User
i wouldn't consider this a regular problem seeing as how i had some sort of aftermarket ignition system. basically what i have is stock wiring but there are a couple of problem boxes. this seimens box which is mounted under the coolant overflow bottle than this "black box" mounted beside where the coolant bottle would be. on a stock jeep set up beneth the coil to distributor wire where would the 2 (14 or 16 guage) wires come from? what 2 wires would come off of this seimens box? below are pics of my problems.... LAST one is the way the wiring is set up now.

i do have the engine turning over but not starting

btw conections are clean and is turning over....i'm missing a wire or have something crossed somewhere so i know its not terminals

i can't post pics here cuz i was suspended for a bit but i can link you to an identical thread on another board

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=35490

oh and btw, i have removed all heater vacuum equipment. and I'm wondering where its supposed to go from coil? could the coil, ecm, or any of the relay fuses between the diagnostic plugin and the starter relay be shot?

Back