• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting to the firewall in the interior

XJ98Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I need to drill a hole in my firewall to run a power cable for my amplifier, but I want to take the necesary interior out so I can make sure I'm not drilling into anything. Any adivce? I can't figure out how to get the passenger side dash assembly off.

I've found a perfect hole, but it's like right behind the passenger side AC vent. I bought some firewall grommets, but I'm just going to use pre-existing ones. I still need to get to the firewall on the inside though, because the hole I want to use is behind the dash panel.

what i did is ran my cable through the driver side rubber grommet and then fed it down alongside the door jams. I took off the plastic and fitted the cable in there and then ran it under the back seat, then to my amp on the back of my sub box. I then put back the plastic parts and it looks great.

Why do you need to get to a hole behind the dash for a power cable?? To me, it sure seems like a hell of a lot more work to run it that way....

Hm, I thought I mentioned that I ran my RCA cables along the driver's side, but apparently I didn't. That's the reason I'm not just running through the hole for the clutch/brake pedal or something, I'm running the power on the passenger's side.

XJ98Jeep said:
Hm, I thought I mentioned that I ran my RCA cables along the driver's side, but apparently I didn't. That's the reason I'm not just running through the hole for the clutch/brake pedal or something, I'm running the power on the passenger's side.
If your Jeep is a 98 there should be a harness/grommet over by the blower motor or just above it that can be accessed if you take your kick panel and glovebox out. You could probably push it through there.

That's what I'm talking about, this thread was about how to get those panels off, but if it's just the kick panel and the glovebox I should be able to do it. I'll go check.

Back