• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nearby "Attraction"

nhrocker

Jackstand wheeler
I seem to remember a conversation last year while we were grabbing breakfast at the campground about Centralia, PA. I was checking out a site on it the other day, SITE HERE , sounds like a cool place to check out. Mapquest says it's just over half hour away (not that I really trust Mapquest's answers....)

Anyway, would there be any interest in possibly checking it out while we're down there? Could be a cool opportunity for photos, plus if anyone's a fan of Silent Hill it's the actual town that Silent Hill was modeled after...

Definitely a neat spot.

n24800499_31904173_922.jpg

n24800499_31904179_3165.jpg

n24800499_31904180_3541.jpg

n24800499_31904183_4680.jpg

A half hour from Rausch is a little optimistic, but it's not much more than that.

Yep...I was nearby there in January checking out some land via the Reading Anthracite access permit, and figured I'd take some pics on my way through. The funny thing was, there were a couple other people out there doing the same thing. :D

You can easily drive on that section of old Rt. 61 where the pavement is all cracked up, and it makes for some neat poser shots.

Back