• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much lift will 3" lift shocks work for

93xjpos

NAXJA Forum User
is 3" the max lift i can go with a 3" lift shocks? i have a 3" lift and thought about adding 1" coil spacers and lift blocks to get 4 if my shock will still work.anyone know how high i could go with these shocks?

IDK depends on what brand of shocks, most 3" lift shocks are made for 0-3 inches so the may already be close to being maxed out.

What are the actual shock dimensions?

i'm gonna go out on a limb here, and guess shocks made specifically for a RC 3" lift, are gonna work for a lift height of somewhere around 3 inches.

According to the link below, front stock length shocks work well with a two inch lift. I would infer then, that shocks in frontg optimized for 3 inches of lift would be OK with 4 inches of lift. If your shocks in back are too short, I wouldn't think you would have to worry about shock damage, they are certainly not going to overcompress. At worst, you just have shocks in back that will droop about 1 inch less than shocks tailored for a 4 inch lift. If you get longer shocks you may have to adjust bumpstops again (assuming you did so when you put your 3 inch lift on).

http://members.aol.com/Stvns/XJhelp2.html

thats why i asked because i had a budget 2 inch lift on an old xj and used the stock shocks so kinda thought it might be the same with longer that they could go alittle higher

Back