• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finished Relay box

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
Finally done. Here are a couple pics. I got the box from Radio Shack,relay connectors from a local stereo shop, and the rest of the stuff came from work. I am , will be, using a cat-6 cable to control the relays. The way I have the relays wired I am controling them with the neg side of the relay coil. So I will only have to worry about power to the box. The cat-6 cable will plug in to the relay box then plug into a switch box, not yet made, on the dash I will then only have to run a ground wire to the switch box to control the relays. If you want to see the rest of the pics they are here.. http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/magimerlin/jeep/ and now a few pics..
The befor wiring mess
relaybox021.jpg

The cleaner and done pic
relaybox036.jpg

Dont mean to be a dumb ass, but what do you use the relay boxes for? Is it for all of the add-ons (lights, winch, ect.), or to replace the factory box? This is probably a stupid question and am ready for the flaming...
:twak::flame:

I am going to be adding some lights and such. This box will allow me to just send a power wire from this box to the accesory I want to control. I will have the switches inside on the dash in another box that will control the relays by the neg. side of the relays coil(switch). I put in 6 relays so that I can add more(expand) later.

Cool, that was what I was thinking. Thanks for the civil explanation...

Back