• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED HELP!

renomn1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey! I need some help, right behind the front bumper of my 98 xj is a small round container with what appears to be a vacuum hose attached to it. I was told it's a vacuum container. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS AND WHAT IT'S FOR AND WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF IT WAS GONE?
Also on 96s and older there container was twice the size, why?, and is it o.k. to put it in place of my smaller stock one?

renomn1 said:
Hey! I need some help, right behind the front bumper of my 98 xj is a small round container with what appears to be a vacuum hose attached to it. I was told it's a vacuum container. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS AND WHAT IT'S FOR AND WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF IT WAS GONE?
Also on 96s and older there container was twice the size, why?, and is it o.k. to put it in place of my smaller stock one?

Have you tried searching? This has been covered many many times...

Quick search found this:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243533767&postcount=5

Size in this case really doe NOT matter. Many people relocate it up by the firewall on the passenger side.

Size doesn't matter it only matters that it's there. Without it the vacuum system will not be able to draw a accurate vacuum and certain things won't function because of it. Placement doesn't matter whether it's under the fender or under the hood as long as it's hooked up.

I relocated mine to under the hood near the firewall, a little cramped there but out of the way anyway.

MG2000XJ said:
Why put in the bigger one? You were just told it doesnt matter what size it is. Just keep the one thats on there, unless you broke it or something.
I no longer have the stock smaller one, I lost it. All I have is an older one that is bigger!

Back