• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ease of Change?

JamesD

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys this is my first post so please be nice. I have searched the topic with no answer. My concern is that I am buying a 2 Door 5 speed XJ today and I am looking at the X Factor either 8" with conversion or without or possiby the 6.5. My concern is that when I do finally upgrade axles will I run into alot of problems with a change over and have to buy new pieces or will it mainly go into place with minor mod and fab. I understand that it may be different with each axle application. Please any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks

James

What kind of axles do you plan to upgrade to? Anything but an XJ D30 will be custom, with bracketry and such. The rear, you can bolt in a D35 from a XJ, 8.25 from a XJ, or a XJ D44. Others will require spring and shock pearches to be welded on. The lift parts should work with the upgraded axles.

A rubicon front 44 would bolt in, not much of an upgrade but it is still an option. You can get a bracket kit and weld it on to many other axles for another "bolt in option"

Last edited:
I am not opposed to fabing it was just that I didn't want to pay for a lift and then two weeks down the road when I do upgrade to better axles have to buy all new stuff. I assumed that it could be modified but just making sire that it is do-able without EXTENSIVE headache. Thanks for the input guys.

Back