• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uncompressed Spring size

Twicepardoned

NAXJA Forum User
There's a guy selling springs and he doesn't know for sure what lift they are... the uncompressed size is 22.5" long... what would that translate to in lift?

good call...
Seems like a shot in the dark just save a couple bucks. oh well

No, actually they are on Ebay... I could probably sen that link to the guy to get answers though! Good link!

Here's his response:
Hi well It looks like this --- wire dia .75 . active coils looks to me to be 12. spring rate shows 406.9010416

Run Forest Run!

What??? I am retarded on this kind of stuff. Is that not even close/wrong info, or just a bad spring rate?

thats about double give or take some, for what you want.

I bought a pair of Ranger coils at the junk yard thinkin to get some lift out of em and they were the same length as my XJ's stock springs uncompressed. But the wire was a lot thicker so they probably would've sagged less under the weight of the vehicle. I ended up not using em though cause its too much work to swap for no reason...Got RE 4.5s shortly thereafter for free from a friend

Not quite sure abut this discussion right now... So these springs are super stiff? Is that really a bad thing? Keep in mind this is NOT my DD. I do drive it to work every so often which is about a mile away but other than that I no longer use it for long distance driving... Off road only

Most XJ springs run about 150-200 lbs!

whoa... well screw it then

Back