• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lauer weapons Bloomsberg collection

I don't really have a stance on guns but when companies do things like this it doesn't shine too bright on the gun company side

my .02

Not even considering the safety aspect of a real firearm that looks like a plastic toy, I think its an irresponsible product for a company in an industry thats already in the spotlight.
Theres already a law that says toy guns cant look like real ones, so they now make them in bright colors. Now we see a company thats making real guns look like toy ones. Doesnt seem to even be legal much less smart.

I think too much is being put into this by both the media and everyone else.

This is a paint kit folks, not a weapon and not a series of weapons. http://www.lauerweaponry.com/duracoatcolors.cfm?colortype=bloomberg&Category=245
The colors have names which are provocative, yes, but who cares?

Currently there is no law which states that a gun can not come in any other color than Blue or Black. They sell pink rifles and hand guns and not one has said anything. They sell airsoft products that asside from the red tip, that at a glance, look every bit like the real McCoy regardless of the law. BB guns look like guns, are they not "Toys"?

The actual problem is not whether guns look like toys or visa versa, it's that little Joey should never point anything, whether it is a gun or not, at anyone else. Pointing a weapon, toy or otherwise at an Officer is usually a bad idea and kids should be taught that at a very early age.

The paint issue is a red hearing held up by the anti-gun lobby. Officers are trained, not to shoot first, but to carefully indentify the target, to give fair warning (DROP YOUR WEAPON!) and then if it looks as though things are going bad, take out the suspect.
No Officer who is worth their salt is going to draw on and shoot a kid with a yellow Glock look a like, or fail to being down a suspect who has been shooting up the Mall with his florecent green AK47.

Ron

Last edited:
Zuki-Ron said:
No Officer who is worth their salt is going to draw on and shoot a kid with a yellow Glock look a like,

Ron

But would he shoot a kid with an actual yellow Glock?

I disagree with you on almost all points.
I think its ok for kids to have toy guns. Im not sure how a kid would play with a toy gun except to point it at other kids. I grew up with toy guns and it was regular practice to point them at other kids while playing. I also grew up around real guns, which I never pointed at other people because I was taught the difference, and it wasnt color because I was raised with black toy guns. Something I dont remember is being told to not point a toy gun at other people. this is where I see the problem. If a kid points a toy gun at me and I have a split second to tell if its a toy or not, how do you think Im going to do that? Color is going to be the best indicator.
Besides, why would anyone want a bright red or orange gun? To show it off? Fashion statement? It just seems childish and immature to me.

Ray H said:
But would he shoot a kid with an actual yellow Glock?
He better not. unless he has given the kid fair warning to drop the weapon and has fully assesed the situation before making the decission to open fire.

I think its ok for kids to have toy guns. Im not sure how a kid would play with a toy gun except to point it at other kids. I grew up with toy guns and it was regular practice to point them at other kids while playing. I also grew up around real guns, which I never pointed at other people because I was taught the difference, and it wasnt color because I was raised with black toy guns. Something I dont remember is being told to not point a toy gun at other people. this is where I see the problem.

I'm not arguing that kids should not have play guns. I had them. But, I was taught something completely different. I was taught that guns are not to be pointed at people.
And to this day, I can not point any gun, fake, BB Gun, Paint Ball, or an unloaded Gun (Range officer verified with a witness) at anyone without feeling really bad. I just can't do it. I don't even remember pointing a cap gun at anyone.

If a kid points a toy gun at me and I have a split second to tell if its a toy or not, how do you think Im going to do that? Color is going to be the best indicator.

If you are deciding whether to shoot someone based on the color of the gun, then you are making bad decissions. You need to asses your threat, warn your threat, and go from there. There better be more decission making by Officer Friendly than the color of the gun, because if there isn't, and when it goes to court, he better be able to pull more out of his hat than <Officer>"But, Little Johnny had a black gun, so I assumed it was real and I shot him. <Lawyer>Did I tell him to drop the weapon? <Officer>Well, no, because he had a black gun".
See how stupid that sounds? I bet 13 of your peers would think so.

Besides, why would anyone want a bright red or orange gun? To show it off? Fashion statement?
I could see that. How about a blaze orange gun for deer hunting? Or a person in Texas open carrying with a color coodinated pistol and holster.

I don't expect folks to agree with me, that's just my take on things.

Ron

Hey, I resemble that remark, whats wrong with pink
pinkruger.jpg

It distracts other shooters during competetion :D :D :D :D

I think that Pink intimidates them, They probably figgure tha if you have the balls to sport a rifle like that, you must be damn good :D

Ron

just what we need "fashion accessory" guns. That is just rediculous. i will take my woodgrain stock anyday over that overpriced crap

Open carry is not legal in Texas :( except on private property. On the subject of duracoat, it has been around for quite some time now. Bloomberg just found something to go after, that's all.

Back