• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for the D44 gurus...

rcmf5525

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am wanting/needing to replace the hubs on the Dana 44 that I am building. It is a LP 44-6cf from a '76 F250. For some reason, those hubs are real hard to find. What are my options for swapping the hub or hub and spindle to one from another 44 model? Am I going to need to replace everything from the outer knuckle outwards? The best bet would be to find replacement hubs for the axle and I will be visiting the local junkyards tomorrow to see if I can find a pair, but if that doesnt work out I would like to hear my options...

Not the locking hub....

The wheel hub...
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-21716_1977_1_2_-_79_dana_44_hd_hub.htm

My axle is out of a '76 with the external mounted locking hub like the one in the link posted in the above reply.

I did some searching and the two hubs use the same bearings so I think I will be ok using the newer hub and internal mounting lockout. The only 'major' part store that carries the hub is Napa and they want $154.00 for it. I am going to shop around and see if I can get one locally cheeper than that.

Back