• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Jeep in the family

DrSockMonkey

NAXJA Forum User
My mother in law loves the jeep cherokees and told my wife that she wanted one to learn to drive in. My wife has been looking off and on for the last 6 months. Well today she called me at work to say she found an 87 limited in good shape running and driving for $500. She said she wasn't sure about it, I said it was a pretty good deal if it really ran fine and stopped fine, etc, etc. Well she went ahead and picked it up. And now she doesn't really want to give it to her mom. I went to look at it and it's really very nice. 4.0 Auto np242 and the icing on the cake? Yup, Factory tow package with dana 44 rear. So we'll see how hard the wife fights to keep it.

Jeremy

DrSockMonkey said:
My mother in law loves the jeep cherokees and told my wife that she wanted one to learn to drive in. My wife has been looking off and on for the last 6 months. Well today she called me at work to say she found an 87 limited in good shape running and driving for $500. She said she wasn't sure about it, I said it was a pretty good deal if it really ran fine and stopped fine, etc, etc. Well she went ahead and picked it up. And now she doesn't really want to give it to her mom. I went to look at it and it's really very nice. 4.0 Auto np242 and the icing on the cake? Yup, Factory tow package with dana 44 rear. So we'll see how hard the wife fights to keep it.

Jeremy

Ok, where to start:

1) Your mother in law is just learning to drive? Ok, how old is your wife exactly and should we be concerned?

2) Your wife, who is of questionable age, went out and bought a Jeep Cherokee Limited for $500 with a D44 rear? Dude, I have a hard enough time just getting my wife to go out and look with me, yours buys an awesome rig!

3) If you give it to your in-law you might consider swapping out the D44.

She lived in russia until recently and women are NOT encouraged to drive there.
:D She's only 6 years younger than me.
When we were dating she said, "some day I want a big shop with a little house attatched" I almost got down and proposed on the spot.:loveu:
I wouldn't have the heart to pull the 44. Besides I think my wife is going to figure out a way to get it in the end. My Dana 60 is almost done so it wouldn't do me much good. Until of course the 60 crumbles and I have to reinstall my D35 yet again. :)

Did she find it in Kent. I talked to a guy selling one and almost went to look at it. Just to see if the 44 was there. Awsome score

Dam that means I'm going to Kent tomarrow. Hope to fine something sweet in the rear.(that doesnt read right)

Pics
2wbtkec.jpg

28atjlt.jpg

nice score!

Back