• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who makes the best ring & Pinion gears.

garr

NAXJA Forum User
I was having this discussion with a few buddies who are planning gear swaps in the near future. Who makes the most durable, easy to set up, quiet gears out there.
Country gear?
Precision?
Motive gear?
Or should we just stick with Dana/Spicer?

codyj86 said:
from what i've heard, yukon makes a really good/strong gear set.
i don't have any, thats just word of mouth....

Yukons are crap; there crap, with donkey turds smeared on top of them. I originally had a set in my Dana 30, broke that set and replaced them under warrantee. Just after the warrantee ran out I broke the second set. Replaced them with a set of Precisions with a 5 year warrantee and haven’t had a problem since.

well ok then, i stand corrected/taught.

from what i've heard yukons are crap and don't buy any.
I don't have any, thats just word of mouth...

codyj86 said:
well ok then, i stand corrected/taught.

from what i've heard yukons are crap and don't buy any.
I don't have any, thats just word of mouth...

HAHAHAHA
That's the funniest thing I have read yet! :roflmao:

FordGuy said:
I was told that there is only a couple of manufactures that cut Gears for all the company's?????
Yea but I think China or some place like that is getting into the market. The rules for labeling made in China must only be for finished goods so some parts arn't marked. Reminds me of the cheap China SYE shafts that break.

For ease of install (correctly marked) Dana/Spicer and Superior.

For Quiet operation Dana/Spicer and Superior

Any brand can be broken.

Generating the most noise? Genuine.

Worst Markings making install more difficult? Yukon!

my $.02 worth.

i have genuine...havent got to run them yet...hopefully i will tomorrow.. and ill let you know..5.13 and 37s should put them to the test at hwy speeds when it comes to noise

genuWHINE

Everybody here abouts say that Alloy USA makes the best R&P plus the strongest axles. I still got OEM junk in my 18 year old Heep so I have no real experience with any of those mentioned.

If your interested in gears look on Rustys site, he has them pretty cheap and also combos for front/rear. They are precision, i've had mine in for a couple years running 37's with no problems.

Gerr said:
becoming more and more true I think theres 3 left unless you go high dollar

I was talking to John Currie about a month ago in regards to Ring And Pinions and he told me they are cutting the gears with new machines and the way they hot mesh the gears. He said the pattern set up they use now is totally different then the way we all use to set them up. It gives them fits in regards to noise.

Back