• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS trackbar bracket/mount and steering interference?

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
Just finished getting a TNT truss and JKS over the axle trackbar mount installed on my D30. Going to be running Currie steering but havent received it yet. My question is if anyone has steering interference with the JKS mount. I threw on some stock steering I had laying around and it appears that the steering may hit the trackbar mount where the draglink attaches to the tie-rod. Anybody else have this problem? Did I do something wrong on installation? I'm confused...

I was just thinking you may need to convert as well. I run the RE TB bracket with a Teraflex High Steer kit and it clears great, but I could see thata with a stock style "Y" setup, the back of the tie rod end on the TR side of the DL may hit the TB bracket.

northwestxj said:
ya...basically a beefier version of the stock y-link. Making me wonder if I'm going to have to go with an inverted T but the guy from this link has the same setup as me and it appears to work for him?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=913774&page=5&highlight=xj+buildup+III

I used the JKS over the axle bracket with an inverted T steering configuration.

trackbar3.jpg

Last edited:
Back